MP Not Recording (1 Viewer)

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can anyone offer any help with this. I was currently running 1.0.0.1 when my wife started complaining that she could not find any of her recordings. I tried myself, and even though they were flagged, they just went into the scheduled recordings and stayed there, never to be actually recorded. As I had been having problems with this version, I took this as an opportunity to do a clean full install of version 1, along with the database etc. After many hours of setting up, the result was just the same, still nothing recorded. I have Pinnacle 7010ix and Nova T500 cards, each tuner scanned just fine. I also noticed that sometimes if watching a channel, then trying to select another, it jumps back to the previous channel and shows the same last few seconds of it. If you keep trying different channels, it will usually switch on one of them. I have has a lot of similar issues of late, problem is I cannot find any other software to try my hardware with, at least any that can support the 7010ix and do sky/freesat epg. I am using the modified TSwriter to get sat epg in the uk, could that be causing the problem. Still running XPSP3, or do you need Vista these days?.

Any advice much appreciated.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
u need to give more info such as os and sp level, version of haup 500 (there are a few)
found the channel change ts issue was solved on my system by toying with the priorities in tv server config ie card 1 was at priority 2, just click and move up might be best to uninstall one of the cards to sort this then reinstall it after.
and the path for the recordings sometimes get corrupted so check and browse to it incase the install failed to actually create the folder it's trying to record to

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the reply,

I have now done a complete new install of 1.0.0.2 and the problem seems to be sorted. I think it may be something to do with mixing dvbt and dvbs cards. Would imagine that terrestrial channels duplicated on sky would be causing confusion. Just to be on the safe side I removed all duplicated channels and had my dvbt tuners as the highest priority. Just a guess but is all working ok though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom