[MP RC2] TV-card picture flickers (1 Viewer)

Clock

Portal Member
October 6, 2005
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

I've just bought myself some brand new hardware to build a HTPC/fileserver.
My specs:
Asus K8N4-E
AMD Sempron 2600+
512 DDR 400 mhz
Asus N6500 PCI-E
Hauppauge PVR-150
Windows XP SP2

I've downloaded the newest MP (0.2 RC2), and installed it succesfully. MP reconigze the Hauppauge succesfully, and succesfully downloaded the list with all the TV-channels. Good so far.

But when I start MP and go the the TV-section: I get a TV picture with allot of flickering. I can browse through all the TV channels, and they all flicker.
It doesn't matter if I watch the TV-pic in small 'mode' (the default screen), or in full screen.

I've installed the newest drivers of the Hauppage. I tested the card with DScaler, and it was all ok. Exellent picture in DScaler. Does someony has an idea of things I can try or modify to get it to work?

Thnx!

Ps, your all doing a great job with MP!

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2600+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: K8N4-E (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: Newest
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6500 (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: Newest
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: Newest
Synopsis:: -

Clock

Portal Member
October 6, 2005
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Taipan said:
Have you tried changing the video renderer type to VMR9?

Done that, but now I don't see any picture at all. Just black.

Edit:
If I set the TV in fullscreen mode (full screen tv picture), and than 'call up' the MP-OSD, it also flickers. Maybe this info is usefull?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think you will find that to get flicker-free TV, you need to use VMR9 renderless. And when you use VMR9, I think that the TV display must be your primary display, if you have more than one connected to your video card....

oli.roe

January 4, 2006
    Hmmm I also have this problem using my Nebula DigiTV and their latest BDA drivers. Will have a go with all the video codecs and post a reply

Oli

Users who are viewing this thread