MP RC4 hang on prepare standby (1 Viewer)

BE70MAN

Portal Member
March 1, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC4
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo E6750
HDD: Western Digital 3200YS
Memory: Apacer DDR2 1GB 2x PC6400
Motherboard: Shuttle
Video Card: Saphire Radeon HD2400XT 256MB
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.11
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: TerraTec Cinergy C PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: Newest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Shuttle Barebone SG33G5M
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have since RC4 the problem, that after TV-Service is awaiking for EPG load, MP hangs on preparing standby. I have to press the power button, then MP goes in hibernation.
:confused:

Has someone an idea what could be the problem?

Best,
Paul

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC4, with automatic refresh changer RC4 alteration
    MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
    Windows Version: Windows Vista SP1 + all updates
    CPU Type: AMD X2 5300
    HDD: Samsung F1 1TB + Western Digital 1Tb USB
    Memory: DDR2
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 780
    Video Card: Onboard Ati HD3200
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.12
    Sound Card: Onboard
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF
    Sound Card Driver: Lates
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: Newest
    2. TV Card: FLoppy DTV
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: Newest
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF3.13, PowerDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3 filter
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC HC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: CaiW
    HTPC Case: Origen S14
    Cooling: Shuriken
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Panasonic Plasma 42 Inch
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Paul, please supply some logs with your post. I have some kind of the same problem. MP hanged this morning when coming out of standby/suspend. Yesterday evening I put MP in suspend (S3) via the home menu in MP around 23:38. MP should have come out of standby around 05:00 for EPG updating, but this morning when the machine came out of suspend the time shown in MP was still 23:38 (well, around 23:38, don't know the exact time anymore).

Here are the logs I created after closing MP with the taskmanager. MP behaved correctly after I restarted it (MP, not the complete HTPC)

I have had this behaviour quit often since I (clean) installed RC4. In RC3 this problem wasn't occuring.

Maybe there are also traces of some other problem in the logs before I suspended the HTPC. I was watching HD content MKV files with subtitles. When I started the movie, the sound was in sync with the subs but the movie itself was out of sync with the sound. After stopping the movie and starting it again the movie and sound/subs where nicely in sync!

Please let someone look at it; MP is great, but can be a lot better with these 'bugs' sorted out!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Windows Version: Windows Vista SP1 + all updates

Not sure whether this may be relevant, but noticing the OS, i use the sidebar and my clock there does not update time on resume anymore, the systray is however showing the correct time, have never seen this until this week :confused:

This is without MP running, so may be unrelated, will see if i can find anything in logs that may give a clue.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Snader

Nothing in logs, the mediaportal log is empty of any useful information :(, you may have to manually add any .bak files which may have more information, the next time it happens.

If you have enabled in MP's Config to "restart Mediaportal on resume", does this still happen.

Regards

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I disabled "restart Mediaportal on resume" since RC1. Since then the drivers and state of MP are so good I didn't need this option anymore. Since then MP resumes within 10 seconds.

I will try to get the same problem tonight and tomorrow. It only seems to happen after a good night of sleep...

BE70MAN

Portal Member
    March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Snader, do you think I should still post the log. The reason why I'm asking is, I have no crash, only hang. I could post only a normal log and I think this say nothing about this fault.

Best
    Paul

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Snader, do you think I should still post the log. The reason why I'm asking is, I have no crash, only hang. I could post only a normal log and I think this say nothing about this fault.

If it is above issue, then nothing really shows up in the logs.

Not long to wait now.

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had been having this same problem since disabling Deamon tools any using Elby Virtual Clone Drive instead. Also was having AnyDVD (SlySoft) in the system tray for playing back iso files from within MP.
    Since going back to Daemon and removing AnyDVD from the autostart setting today, I've restarted and s3 suspended the system several times with no problems upon resume. MP is fully functional within 10 to 15 seconds again. This is under Vista 64 SP1.
    So it seems to me that it might be a background process conflict.
    Hope this might help someone a bit.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Best
    Paul
    Well, it wouldn't hurt, does it? There are some very nice people here who like to have a look!

Indead, MP hangs here also. The taskmanager is needed to kill MP. But like Paranoid Delusion mentioned in this topic: this way there won't be anything in the logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom