MP remote help, easy to set up / ideas (1 Viewer)

desertrats97

December 23, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:confused: Hello i'm new to MP i have a Dual core antec slim pc / media center box / 1Tb Hard drive / 3gb memory / Xp pro

Looking to buy a new remote for MP, i have read all the threads and they all sound complicated to set up the remote.
does anybody know a good remote that is easy to set up and that works well with MP?

I have a plugin and play AITECH media center remote that does not work with MP, I need to buy a new remote fast to complete my build.

HELP?

*Easy to set up
*easy to find
*under $100dlls

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Grab one of the Logitech Harmony remotes. Will allow you to control everything else too. Plenty of info in the forum about how to do it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But do the logitech remotes come with an IR receiver for the PC?

I am happy with this cheap remote, because it works with XP, no drivers to install, no extra software to install, only 1x box to tick in mp setup to get the remote working with mediaportal.

It's called "HP MCE Compatible Remote" cost is $17USD including postage on ebay.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The disadvantage of the HP MCE Remote, compared to the original MCE remote is that the HP remote, you can not program the volume button to send the same vol +/- IR signal as your stereo remote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom