petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I just upgraded my HTPC with a new Fatal1ty motherboard, an Intel C2D, and 2GB RAM. Since my old gfx card is AGP it won't fit in this config and I figured I will use the integrated gfx until I have decided on which card to buy.

Having said that, my experience from this is that MP became very slow...! All other apps seems to run really fast and smooth but MP get very sluggish and takes ages to respond.

Can this be solely because of the integrated gfx on this motherboard? I believe it is 64MB shared.

Quick feedback would be greatly appreciated... Going back to the old config is too much work, so the only solution may be to make the gfx card investment now if you can help me conclude this is indeed the bottleneck.

Thanks

/Peter

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would have been nice to know what the onboard graphics are, but at a guess any 64mb based\shared GPU will have trouble running MP.

Might be worthwhile seeing if you can increase the shared ram in the bios, if the graphics are fully DX9 compatible.

Otherwise may be a nice new PCI-e ATI or nvidia card for you.

Regards

jagbard

July 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Check to see if you have raised all the 3D-settings to max, that was the reason to my similar problem.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for helping out. I don't know what I did but now it works OK again...

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom