MP starts playing timeshift file from last viewed channel, when changing channel (1 Viewer)

hjalleballe

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have tried MP 1.0 RC2 and RC3 and have a problem. Everytime i try to change channel, from the guide, the channellist or by using the channel up, down buttons, MP starts to play the previously viewed channels timeshift file from the beginning instead? Some times its possible to change channel, but most often it just jumps to the beginning of the previous timeshift file? I have tried using ramdisk. Also, it seems like when I eventually manage to change channel more times then i set maximum timeshift files for, the screen just turn blank. Any ideas anyone?

MP server and client Running on Vista 32
GIGABYTE MA78GM-S2H, with integrated ATI HD 3200
Athlon dual core 4850e 2.50 Ghz
4 Gb 6400 memory
FloppyDTV DVB-C

:D for any help

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sounds like your ramdisk is filling up. Have you tweakked the settings for the number of files / size of files in the timeshift settings of TV Server?

hjalleballe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've tried different settings for this and using the HDD for timeshifting as well with very generous file amount settings, this seems to correct the blank screen problem. (Why doesnt it clear up old timeshift files to release ramdisk space automaticly btw?) But the main issue is still the changing channels problem. This happens all the time, on a fresh reeboot, restart etc. It just jumps back to the start of last timeshift file when trying to change channel. ... =P

Any help appreciated. Is this a hardware related bug maybe?

hjalleballe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, I tried e few codecs, dont know all but at least I've tried ffdshow, the latest, and also microsoft mpeg decoder. I have the same problem with every codec.

hjalleballe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Problem solved!

I simply removed all postproccesing in tv settings on the mediaportal client, and voila!
    So I guess no postprocessing for me, but dont really need that anyway.

Thx for help anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom