MP stops working on TV Series update (1 Viewer)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    unlike in your other log it seems to actually be doing things now, what do you mean by "stops working"

are those Z:\ files on a network, ie its a mapped drive?

Can you try using UNC path?

when it stops working are you able to access that Z: manually?

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    unlike in your other log it seems to actually be doing things now,

that's rigt, I tried a lot of times, emptying the DB and trying again without firewall, without antivirus, without both, on a clean install, anything... This log shows that the operation times out somewhere and then stops working. sometimes generating a windows erro (stopped working, looking online for solution) sometimes just doing nothing anymore. I got to step 3 of the configuration where mediainfo is downloaded, but never got past that step...

what do you mean by "stops working"

I receive the 'Mediaportal has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution online." and then MP is gone and I have to start it up again manually.

are those Z:\ files on a network, ie its a mapped drive?

yes it is, but that dis not seem to be the problem since I have used this path for over a year now

Can you try using UNC path?

i treied, did not help, see attached logfile

when it stops working are you able to access that Z: manually?

yes, no problems at all.

could it be a problem with e.g. my router? too many requests and it shuts up?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Try to disable the mediainfo.dll process (locate the DLL(s) inside the Team MediaPortal folder and move them out).

See if that solves your problem to at least narrow it down.

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    I think I finally found the problem...

Yesterday I installed a new router (needed one anyway) and tried to import again. Didn't work, but process seemed to be further than my old router....

So I tried to add 1-3 shows per time, run import and do it again. Aside from the fact that it was painfully slow (took 1-1.5 hours per import, don't quite know why that is) it worked. Tried to add my last shows today (batch of 5 iso 3) and it crashed again :( So I added them one by one and it seems that the problem is in the show Victorious (show that my girlfriend watches). It had .mkv and .ts files in the folder and it crashes everytime I want to add that show. Without that show it works fine (for now........ fingers crossed)...

Keep you posted! and again, Mastyman, thanks for all the help, input and info!!!

niKoN

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP stops working on TV Series update

I've got a comparable problem, but there are no series to import for the moment. I'm sure that TV Series causes it, because if I disable the plugin everything works fine. When I start MP it takes only a few seconds until the error message "Mediaportal has stopped working" appears. But MP does not crash, it runs fine... but I can't skip the error message. When I move to MyTV Series in this few seconds when MP runs without error message, I can see the loading bar in the upper right corner. I think MP crashes when MyTV Series tries to look up newer series information.

I'll post my logs when I'am at home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom