MP/TV Server 1.0 (1 Viewer)

cryoplasm

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Where do we submit bug reports?

There is a nagging issue with My TV. A momentary break in signal, or a weak signal, will cause the last frame of the TV to freeze. The only way to get it back is to turn TV Off and On again.

If this happens whilst Timeshifting is On, one effectively misses the remainder of the TV programme. Not good.

Speed up MP start-up and general operations.

USB2 TV card still doesn't behave appropriately after resuming PC from Standby. Windows gives the message "..This Device can perform faster if you connect it to USB 2.0 hub.." Then have to terminate TV Server service, disable USB controller and restart all over again.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    There is a nagging issue with My TV. A momentary break in signal, or a weak signal, will cause the last frame of the TV to freeze. The only way to get it back is to turn TV Off and On again.

Decent Aerial\amplifier\cable usually fixes :)

Intel graphics, make sure any memory is not set to auto in bios for the gpu, changing to 256mb is ample.

USB2 TV card still doesn't behave appropriately after resuming PC from Standby. Windows gives the message "..This Device can perform faster if you connect it to USB 2.0 hub.." Then have to terminate TV Server service, disable USB controller and restart all over again.

This depends on the motherboard and tv card drivers, some are a lot better than others, in TVServer config\general there is a delay detecting tv cards option, try setting that to 20 seconds and see if it makes a difference, also in powerscheduler, try enabling\disabling the reinitiliase tuner setting.

Regarding how to make a bug report, this is at the top of every section of the forum :)

MediaPortal Forum - Announcements in Forum : Newcomers Forum

cryoplasm

Portal Member
    December 30, 2008
    Home Country
    That was not the response I was expecting. What is needed are real solutions not counter-solutions.

I also already started a thread in the MP 1.0 section mentioning some of these problems but clearly these are bugs in MP and need sorting out. I still can't see where to submit bug reports?

Decent Aerial\amplifier\cable usually fixes :)

No, if there is a momentary break-up in signal, MP should be able to display the interruption or move on with the TS. As I have said, on occasion the TV will give a frozen image.

No amount of decent signal cable is going to solve the problem when I am referring to the problem within MP itself.

Amplifiers don't work on digital sources. :eek:

Intel graphics, make sure any memory is not set to auto in bios for the gpu, changing to 256mb is ample.

I don't want a lesson in speeding up one machine.

This depends on the motherboard and tv card drivers, some are a lot better than others, in TVServer config\general there is a delay detecting tv cards option, try setting that to 20 seconds and see if it makes a difference, also in powerscheduler, try enabling\disabling the reinitiliase tuner setting.

Tried all of these settings. I originally thought they had worked but they haven't worked in principal.

I don't understand why this problem should occur when the BDA device and driver is supposed to be a standard.

Incidentally I never had this problem with 0.2.3.0.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom