MP-TVSeries-2.1.3318 (UAT) Build available (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its been a while since a stable release of the plugin (v2.0) and currently no way for people to re-test faults and experiment with new features unless you have the development environment. There has mainly been bug fixes, but a few nice additions as well.

Noteworthy changes since V2.0:

Fixed:
    * Fixed DVD ordering (on most standard naming formats), possible 1/2 fix for absolute ordering
    * Fixed Seasons with episode 0 failing to load information for any other episode
    * Fixed crash when loading torrent presets in configuration when db doesn't have any entries
    * Fixed NewzBin searching not working (now uses series pretty name)
    * Fixed watched flag not being set on 2nd episode when finished watched double episodes
    * Fixed a crash on first time load of the plug-in if the MP-TVSeries translation folder didn't exist
    * Fixed a bug in season banners where the incorrect banner was sometimes set as Default
    * Fixed confusing log message reporting 'none of these episodes could be identified'
    * Fixed crash when leaving Fanart Chooser Window whilst downloading in background
    * Fixed Manual Import not retrieving online data for imported episodes
    * Fixed Season banners not showing when Random banners enabled
    * Fixed not returning to the main series list after finishing last episode in Unwatched view
    * Fixed Fanart disappearing when exiting Fanart Chooser window and after playback
    * Fixed Fanart stopped working when removed from Fanart Chooser
    * Fixed Control visibility seen after upgrading to MediaPortal v1.0
    * Fixed Fanart disappearing in many scenarios

Changes/Improvements:
    * Greatly improved perceived performance of loading the main Facade view with many series
    * Added option to Download Series Posters instead of Series Banners in configuration (New Skin ID: 1242)
    * Banners are now set to the Highest Rated by Default now (localized banners only)
    * Added Virtual Keyboard support to aid in searching for online matches of series within MP GUI
    * Added Option to automatically set Episode Order to 'Aired' during import
    * Added a new subtitle provider (seriessubs - mostly for french / english subs)
    * Added new menu item in GUI for *supported skins* that allows downloading of Fan Art from online
    * Added 'Delete All' options for Logo and Formatting Rules in configuration
    * Added New database View 'Recently Added'. Displays the last 7 days of episodes added to your library
    * Added Connection retries when network is unavailable e.g. when resuming from standby
    * Added new Filmstrip Layout, this can only be enabled if Series Posters and Series Graphical are selected in configuration
    This also requires a supported skin e.g. (StreamedMP, Monochrome & Indigo)
    * Added New Episode Count Fields <Series.EpisodesCount>, <Series.EpisodesUnWatched>, <Season.EpisodesCount> & <Season.EpisodesUnWatched>
    * Added Fanart on Series Listing, option can be turned on/off from Options menu
    * Added Watched / UnWatched Image Flags to the List Facade. These will automatically be added if the following images exist in the skins Media Folder:
    - tvseries_UnWatched.png (this is a image of a Unwatched image, used in episode view)
    - tvseries_Watched.png (this is a image of a Watched image, used in episode view)
    - tvseries_UnWatchedNA.png (this is a image of a Unwatched image for an episode that is not available)
    - tvseries_WatchedNA.png (this is a image of a Watched image for an episode that is not available)
    - tvseries_SeriesListIcons.png (this image will be be added to series list layouts)
    - tvseries_SeasonListIcons.png (this image will be be added to season list layouts)
    * Added some string formatting functions for numbers (PrettyNumber10(), PrettyNumber100(), PrettyNumber10S() and PrettyNumber100S()) These functions pad a string/number with zeros or spaces* Added Filmstrip layout for Season View
    * Changed Graphical Group Views to use SmallIcons instead of BigIcons (makes more sense given the size/dimmension of a logo)
    * Configuration Dialog has had a Face Lift, hopefully improves usability (This is just the start)
    * Delay loading of Season and Series banners in facade
    * Random Fanart in Episode and Season Views (if random enabled)
    * Added Fanart Fading when scrolling through the Series List. It also fades when entering Season/Episode views.

A BIG THANKS to fforde who put all the hard work into the Fanart Fading and letting us use it in TVSeries. This is scheduled to be integrated into Moving Pictures v0.7:D

Fanart fading is best scene when 'Random Fanart' is enabled (you need to have multiple fanart downloaded for each series)

Translations:
    * Updated German
    * Updated English
    * Updated Spanish
    * Updated Italian
    * Norwegian (Norsk Bokmål)
    * Russian

The English Translation is the most up to date, all translations should be using english as reference. Thanks to all those involved in creating translations!

Skin Support:
    * ID: 1241 <type>label</type>: If the fanart has colours available, will be visible
    * ID: 1242 <type>label</type>: If series posters are being used, will be visible (otherwise using series banners)
    * ID: 2 <type>button</type>: Invokes Views Menu when clicked
    * ID: 525 <type>image</type>: This is the second image that is defined for Fading Fanart (First Image ID is: 524)
    * ID: 1243 <type>label</type>: This is a dummy label for item watched. It can be used to display a watched image or unwatched image
    * ID: 1244 <type>label</type>: This is a dummy label for item not available. It can be used to display a not available image

Note: Dont use Control.IsVisible(1232) to control default backdrop image when Fanart is not available (The new fanart logic takes care of it!)

Skinner can now include a new XML with their packages (TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml), see: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/new-skin-settings-xml-51732/

You can download Here:

DOWNLOAD

See full revision history: Changes - mptvseries - Google Code

Any Issues found or enhancements that you wish to report can be raised: Issues - mptvseries - Google Code

If you are unsure if the problem is plugin related, post into this forum first.

Cheers,
    Damien

pildo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2004
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    spanish (Spain) translate for all strings of "en(us).xml"

and... how can I traslate configuration too???

best regards and good work

maximus09

Portal Member
    October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    does anyone know if this build has issues with the Blue 3 skin where the text for each series seems to distort over the screen?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This build is very stable. Thanks a lot. Though, what's supposed to happen when you've watched an episode (in unwatched view) and there's no other episode for that series available? I remember in some earlier version, the plugin went straight back to the series overview screen. Now I have to go press "back" twice to get there (the plugin stops on season view also). Bug?

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    what's supposed to happen when you've watched an episode (in unwatched view) and there's no other episode for that series available? I remember in some earlier version, the plugin went straight back to the series overview screen. Now I have to go press "back" twice to get there (the plugin stops on season view also). Bug?

Emph

Yes its a bug, it has already been reported: Issue 11 - mptvseries - Google Code

Damien

cristiandm

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    I can´t use this with blue3 skin?

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    does anyone know if this build has issues with the Blue 3 skin where the text for each series seems to distort over the screen?

Hi,

Yeah sorry I am responsible for that skin file, it got out into the wild before it is ready, but glad people are using it and seem to like it. I will be doing some work tonight on fixing up the blue 3 TVseries skin files with a new cut of the plugin to support the features. This one will not have the changes in it I made, so hold tight.

There are a couple of issue which are not directly related to the skin file or the plugin (like the incorrect overlaying of episode description in some situations); but I when I release the first beta all the bugs will the remaining bugs will be properly explained so people know where we are with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom