MP-TVSeries v2.3.3485 Test Release [17 Jul 09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is the last test release for the upcoming TV Series 2.3, there is still a few things not finished such as the ability to create views using custom conditions (This may or may not make it in).

This release should only be applied to test machines with compatible skins, Blue3, Blue3Wide and StreamedMP (not in setup) have been updated and are part of the release. If you use any other skin please wait until your skin is updated to reflect changes, all skins that use Series Posters will need to be updated (see release Skinning Documentation for more information).

Here is a quick overview of whats new:

* Parental Controls have been added to the View Configuration, each view can be locked with a 4 Digit Pin Code
    * View Templates to choose from in Views Configuration e.g. High Definition, Standard Definition, Top 10 etc
    * Ability to create Simple tagged views, add any series you want to a defined view e.g. 'Adults' or 'Kids'. Series can be added to a tagged view by invoking the menu on a selected series (both in configuration and in MediaPortal)
    * Graphical Rating dialog to rate series or episodes
    * Ability to disable importing when starting MediaPortal
    * More Delete options, can delete from disk, database or both
    * Added REMOTE - 0 shortcut to invoke Delete menu
    * Added SMS style keyboard support
    * Ability to disable sorting of specials in episode list
    * Ability to Hide Episode Thumbnail, Overview or both
    * Configurable Artwork loading delay
    * Ability to update individual Series/Episode from Details view in configuration
    * Ability to Mark Series/Episodes as watched/unwatched from Details view in configuration
    * Added option to not auto-download fanart that contain series names/logos
    * Support for latest MediaInfo.dll
    * Both #TVSeries.SeriesBanner and #TVSeries.SeriesPoster are exposed to skin
    * Added ability to create UNC defined Import Paths
    * Random Fanart now cycles at a defined period (30sec by default), configurable in Fanart Chooser
    * Setup package for easy deployment
    * Removal of Skin dummy controls 1235 and 1236, skin needs updating and now should use facadeview.list instead.

Plus many bug fixes and other improvements.

DOWNLOAD HERE

To thank for this release, we have the following team members contributing:

* ltfearme
    * zeflash
    * mmalham
    * pgjensen

Note: This test package contains both a setup (installer) program as well as the uncompressed files included with release. The Installer does not package any 3rd Party skin files.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    excellent i been waiting for a new release, will let you know how it goes :)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks for the great work ltfearme, zeflash, mmalham, pgjensen

I'm sure I've been using this for a long time?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    hi! thanks for the new version!

perhaps you can enhance pin code dialog so that when wrong pin is entered, you hide controls 100-103 and let user repeat..

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    perhaps you can enhance pin code dialog so that when wrong pin is entered, you hide controls 100-103 and let user repeat..

Sounds like a good idea! I made it so you click Left/Down on the remote to clear a single pin at a time. I guess I did it this way in case you know it was only the last digit you entered incorrectly. Basically quick n easy to fix a mistake.

Let's see if anyone else comments, im happy with making that change if some others agree its better.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm sure I've been using this for a long time?

hehe, im sure you have. I took the base dialog from Moving Pictures as you probably have already guessed. I did make some minor dialog behaviour enhancements...can you spot them?

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    Seems nice. I have a question though. When a videofile has been deleted from the HDD, the episode is still in the db although greyed, why is that. I want it to remove it from the db when deleted from hdd.
    Thanks for a great plugin.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seems nice. I have a question though. When a videofile has been deleted from the HDD, the episode is still in the db although greyed, why is that. I want it to remove it from the db when deleted from hdd.
    Thanks for a great plugin.
    Since this new (TEST) release following is possible:
    * More Delete options, can delete from disk, database or both

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom