MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Minimum Requirements: MediaPortal 1.0.1 (Stable) and supported skin

Note: MP-TVSeries no longer includes MediaInfo.dll, this is already included as part of the MediaPortal 1.0.1 release and above.

DOWNLOAD [29-OCT-09]

Other useful links:

TVSeries v2.3.3589 Hot Fix #3
    • Issue 279: Fixed incorrect user rating being sent online when using the 5-Star rate dialog
    • Issue 276: Fixed lock up when scanning ISO images, these are now ignored by MediaInfo import
    • Issue 062: Fixed Skin Layout and Importer when using Turkish Regional settings
    • Issue N/A: Fixed a crash in the importer in some scenarios
    • Issue N/A: Added option to Fanart Chooser to clear the fanart cache and refresh thumbnails
    • Issue N/A: Added Czech translations, thanks Kucheek
    • Issue N/A: Updated Spanish translations, thanks Pedernal74
    • Issue N/A: Updated Russian translations, thanks Undel

TVSeries v2.3.3538 Hot Fix #2
    • Issue 206: Fixed ISO images not being mounted before playing
    • Issue 265: Fixed subtitle downloads from tvsubtitles.net
    • Issue 232: Fixed Playlist not continuing to next item when using an external player
    • Issue 264: Fixed external player not returning from Fullscreen Video in MP 1.1.0 Beta
    • Issue N/A: Fixed a possible crash in configuration when trying to export zero parsing/replacement items
    • Issue N/A: Updated 'User Ratings' retrieval from theTVDB.com, now will also update local DB with the current 'Site Rating'
    • Issue N/A: Updated German translations, thanks Koschel

TVSeries v2.3.3517 Hot Fix #1
    • Issue 251: Fixed artwork not being displayed if series names ended with dots e.g. 'Ehe ist...'
    • Issue 258: Fixed crash in Fanart Chooser window when using the latest MediaPortal 1.1.0 builds

Note: These releases can be upgraded from previous builds.

TVSeries v2.3 Release Highlights

Views System:
    The views system has been upgraded to support several new features:

• The user can now create tagged views, this allows you to add any series to a defined view e.g. Documentaries, Kids Shows, Adults Shows etc...

• Tagged Views can be created when adding a series to a new view from the plugins context menu with-in MediaPortal or from the Views tab in Configuration. The Configuration program allows you to quickly multi-select a range of Series to add to a particular view using the Add/Edit view dialog.

• Several new Built-in views have been added, some of which include: Actors, Adult Series, Kids Series, Continuing Series, Ended Series, Top 10 etc. These views are available for selection in the Views Configuration using the Templates dialog.

• Parental Control support, you can now protect views from the configuration views tab. After you have locked down your views, enter a 4-Digit Pin in the Pin Code dialog. When a protected view is selected from the plugin in MediaPortal you will be prompted to insert your Pin Code, if the pin entered is correct you will see the contents of the protected view. If you have correctly entered a pin code and then re-enter the view you will not be prompted unless you restart/resume or manually lock views from the context menu.

Rate Series/Episodes:
    A few new features have been added to enhance the users experience when rating episodes or series:

• Supported skins will now show a Graphical Rating dialog, this will also help you rate an episode or series by giving you a meaningful description for the score e.g. Mediocre, Good, Great. Thanks goes to the MovingPictures team for sharing the dialog.

• The User can choose between a 5 Star or a 10 Star rate dialog from Configuration under General Settings.

• Fixed an issue where on occasion the episode list will disappear after rating an episode.

Import Settings:
    The Online Data settings in configuration have been updated to provide several new features:

• You can now turn off Import when starting/resuming MediaPortal, this is of particular interest to people experiencing performance issues or have slow/non-existent internet connections. To completely turn off automatic imports you also need to disable Updates.

• Downloading of user ratings can be disabled, when disabled the import will be faster but your episode ratings will not be synced with the online database.

• Downloading of missing artwork can be disabled, during import the plugin will check if any series or season has no artwork available. If no artwork is found then an attempt will be done to check if any is available online and download them. Import will be faster when disabling, time difference is negligible on smaller databases.

• During import the plugin checks all series fanart and updates the local database with any missing or new fanarts. You can now disable this option for a faster import if you only want check for updates.

• You can now check for updates for episode(s) and series from Details tab in configuration. This will only do the updates on the selected item, it will not do a full import.

• Automatic download of Fanart that contain Series Names/Logos is now optional, this is turned off by default.

Installer Package:
    An Installer has been created to help with deployment of the plugin, it has the following features:

• Support for all platforms supported by MediaPortal and is also compatible with the latest MediaPortal 1.1.0 release.

• Custom directories defined in MediaPortalDirs.xml will be recognised and used for all components e.g. plugin, languages, skins etc.

• The installer supports upgrades for future releases.

• The plugin and all of its components can be uninstalled from the Add\Remove programs in the Windows Control Panel.

• During Installation the database is backed up the users documents directory: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\MP-TVSeries.

• Options to remove artwork and database after an Uninstall to help keep your system clean.

• Checks for multiple instances of the plugin after installation, this is to ensure that there is no erratic behaviour or conflicts.

Misc Changes and Fixes:

• Series Poster and Series Banner are now exposed to the skin as separate properties.

• Colours used in the List facade of skins which indicate Watched and Unavailable status have been changed to playedColor and remoteColor. The Unwatched colour uses textColor.

• New Delete options available, user can now delete from disk, database or both. Shortcut to menu can be invoked by pressing Zero on the Remote Control. Delete menu is hidden unless enabled from with-in Configuration.

• SMS Style Virtual Keyboard support, option can be turned on from with-in Configuration.

• Sorting of Specials in episode view can now be disabled from with-in Configuration.

• Hide Spoilers option has been enhanced so you can Hide Overview and/or Episode Thumbnails. When episode thumbnails are hidden the Video OSD will show the Series Poster instead. These options can be changed from with-in Configuration or the Context menu of the plugin.

• Artwork Loading Delay can now be changed from with-in Configuration. Its recommended that defaults be left unless you know what you are doing.

• Added ability to mark episodes as watched or unwatched in the Configuration Details tab.

• The plugin now supports the latest MediaInfo library, this is no longer included in package. As of MediaPortal 1.0.1, MediaPortal ships mediainfo library as part of its release.

• The Import Path section in Configuration now supports UNC path names e.g. \\server\\share

• The Random Fanart function now cycles fanart on a configurable timer, this can be changed from the default 30secs from the Fanart Chooser window.

• Added Import/Export of Parsing Expressions and String Replacements.

• Added options to configure Playlists in Configuration Views tab e.g. Playlist Path. Also added new Auto-Shuffle on load property.

• Fixed DVD order for regions using a comma as the default decimal separator, thanks freddan85

• Fixed incorrect remository url when retrieving subtitles, thanks Gabe01.

• Fixed Now Playing OSD information not being set when playing from playlist view.

• Fixed missing Hover image on Home Screen for Blue3 and Blue3 Wide skins.

• Much faster episode count calculation when switching to and from 'Show all local files' in options menu.

• Faster importing, some tasks that previously took a long time such as MediaInfo retrieval and Episode Counts are now done in the background.

Note: there have been several updates (some of which are mentioned above) to the plugin which affect the skin, as a result all skins will need to be updated. See Skin Designer's Guide for more details on what has changed. Please don't raise any issues with out dated skins.

Contributors

• ltfearme
    • zeflash
    • mmalham
    • pgjensen

We would also like to thank all team members past and present and the community for their support and bug finding during the test releases.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Issue with coverart!

Hi Devs, hi community!

After updating to "MP-TVSeries v2.3.3491 Stable" coverart will not be shown in some views! Please take a look at the screenshot attached.

Another question: How it is possible to change coverart for a single season, without changing coverart for the whole TV-Show! If i try to change coverart for e.g. only "season 3" all the other seasons will be changed too!

Could you please help?

Best regards and big :D for your work!

Helios

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    After updating to "MP-TVSeries v2.3.3491 Stable" coverart will not be shown in some views! Please take a look at the screenshot attached.
    Be sure the latest TVSeries.xml has been installed to your weirdskin directory! I noticed from the log you have a skin folder called Blue3_1.1.0, if you used the installer it would of only installed skin files to Blue3 and Blue3Wide. If you did a zip install ensure you have the latest TVSeries.xml as there was a change to the Season Poster property. Do a search in the XML, and ensure that you dont have a property defined as #TVSeries.SeasonBanner (it should be #TVSeries.SeasonPoster).

Another question: How it is possible to change coverart for a single season, without changing coverart for the whole TV-Show! If i try to change coverart for e.g. only "season 3" all the other seasons will be changed too!

Sure you dont have Random Series/Season artwork enabled in configuration? I can not reproduce the behaviour you say is happening. If you cycle season poster, it only does it for the current season for me.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ltfearme!

Sure you dont have Random Series/Season artwork enabled in configuration? I can not reproduce the behaviour you say is happening. If you cycle season poster, it only does it for the current season for me.

Big :D! That is is, what i did wrong! I thought it is enough to disable Random Series/Season artwork inside MP/ MP-TVSeries! After unticking that ii configutation its working fine!

Best regards

Helios

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That is it, what i did wrong! I thought it is enough to disable Random Series/Season artwork inside MP/ MP-TVSeries! After unticking that ii configutation its working fine!
    I think you got confused with Random Fanart, as Random Series/Season artwork is not configurable with-in the MP GUI.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ltfearme!

That is it, what i did wrong! I thought it is enough to disable Random Series/Season artwork inside MP/ MP-TVSeries! After unticking that ii configutation its working fine!
    I think you got confused with Random Fanart, as Random Series/Season artwork is not configurable with-in the MP GUI.

Thanks again, but i think this morning i was completely confused:confused::D! All is working fine! :sorry: for this thread!

Best regards

Helios

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The general speed of the gui seems to be improved alot since the last release(1.2.2 svn version), everything responds alot smoother and background imports seem to be a bit more passive.
    Keep up the good work :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom