MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Everything can be done, and everything is within the power of the programmer.
    It is open source, so the power is in reach of everybody.

Maybe somebody will get lucky and be stuck at home bored for some reason, so then instead of watching TV:

1. Learn C# | Free tutorials, courses, videos, and more | .NET
    2. GitHub - damienhaynes/mptvseries: MP-TVSeries is a popular TV Series plug-in for MediaPortal, an open-source media center application. It focuses on managing the user's TV Series library with minimal user interaction, allowing for a more user friendly and ease of use experience.

I'm sure @ltfearme will eventually find the time, but TheTVdB doesn't make it easy with the constant changing. You want to fix it once, and not have to do it again shortly after because another version just got pushed. Think only very recently some stability is achieved on that, and they seem to be satisfied with what I believe is v4 now, but MP-TVSeries is still on v2 if I recall, or maybe even v1. Goes to show you how long it has remained functional with all the changes occurring at TheTVdB side.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, update the TVDB stuff is priority and, can't be changed if all moves goes in the others side.
    But, what about others things like WOL I proposed ?
    My NAS stop at 11H00 pm, I'm often very glad (and also lazy) with the WOL stuff I proposed... ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yep, update the TVDB stuff is priority and, can't be changed if all moves goes in the others side.
    But, what about others things like WOL I proposed ?
    My NAS stop at 11H00 pm, I'm often very glad (and also lazy) with the WOL stuff I proposed... ;)
    And nobody has already created a WOL plugin for MediaPortal? That is where WOL functionality belongs, a dedicated WOL-plugin, not add it as a feature to MP-TVSeries, because then it would only benefit MP-TVSeries, and what about Moving-Pictures then?

The WOL-plugin can simply detect, you are still actively using remote after 10pm and send a wake-up magic-packet to keep your NAS awake. Maybe it can do the irritating Netflix question "Are you still watching?".

1641681654118.png

If you still launch MediaPortal, then it is easy to just fire a magic-packet manually via batch-script. Or allocate a custom button on your remote to do so in the background. Because what if at 11:45 you want to check what to watch tomorrow, but not wake the NAS up? Perhaps taking the action manually might be preferred. Or if you love automation then look into Home Automation methods where the house knows if somebody is in the room and to keep the NAS awake. I've got that simplified with garage-door sensors mounted below my recliner seats for example.

One example: WOL-PowerManager

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    not add it as a feature to MP-TVSeries, because then it would only benefit MP-TVSeries, and what about Moving-Pictures then?
    It already exist in MyVideos internal MP plugin and in the same spirit, it can be added to Moving-Pictures too.
    and send a wake-up magic-packet to keep your NAS awake
    The shut down setting are in NAS OS then, the shut down can't be avoided, with around 2 minutes for NAS restart (depending on NAS).

Because what if at 11:45 you want to check what to watch tomorrow, but not wake the NAS up?
    The NAS doesn't wake up until played then, you can see videos series lists without problem.
    Explanation for "how it works" can be found here
    Nice find but, even if this plugin would be available somewhere, here, wake up would be each time plugin entered, even if video (or music,...) would not be played...

BTW, nice cat !!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread