MP very, very slow to wake up (1 Viewer)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

For the last 2-3 months MP is working fine for me and there was no need at all to tweak stuff and try to make it better. There is however still one thing that I can't find a solution for.
When I start my htpc, it resumes from S3-standby. It wakes up fine all the time, but it takes 20-30 seconds to get the home screen displayed. During this 20-30 second period, all i see is a black screen. I still find this pretty annoying but I haven't been able to find the solution to it yet.
I don't use any foreign skins and only 2 plugins (TvGemist and My movies). I have already tried disabling these, but that didn't change anything to the startup time.
The htpc is stand-alone, a tv server is running on another 24/7 machine. Like I said, all is working fine for months, so no functional problems. Just this long, nagging startup. It is my believe that this started with version 1.0.2 before that, startup was almost instantaneous.

Any ideas?

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Bluewide
Windows Version: Vista x86
CPU Type: Phenom 9550
HDD: Samsung 1TB (2x)
Memory: 4 GB
Motherboard: GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0)
Video Card: onboard ATI 3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.11
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: Optical out
Sound Card Driver: Realtek 2.09
1. TV Card: Floppy-DTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.51
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink v7.3
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink v7.3
h.264 Video Codec: MPCVideoDec
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Coolermaster HT-01
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: IMON
TV: Panasonic 42PZ8500
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hmm, no one answering and I don't have a fix.
Sounds like an OS issue. Did you try resuming just to a desktop and not MP to see if it quicker?
Can you verify that you are not hybernating (S4).

Take a look at your services and disable any un-necessary ones (this is well documented on line).
It takes a while to spin up a drive (maybe 1-5 seconds).
My S3 resume is fast using a similar setup. Perhaps not instant, I will try to time it.
I recently added a SSD for the C: (OS + apps), this improved boot, resume and response times.

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi moab, thanks for your reply.

The problem is purely in the startup of MP. Windows is there within seconds, that's fine. I didn't have this problem with earlier versions of MP, but I can't say what started it.

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Did you check the box in the general MP config to restart MP when resuming from standby (or whatever its called)?
I do not have this box checked.
Perhaps you clicked it.
I imagine that if you do check it then MP has to completely close and re-open which takes a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom