MP1.1.0 RC6 problem with PVR-150MCE tv tuner (1 Viewer)

firefalcon

Portal Member
July 24, 2010
Home Country
China China
Dear all,

I am glad to find MediaPortal - it's a wonderful solution for TV recording on windows!
I am trying to install MP and make every thing work here but go problem:

After the installation/configuration, started the MP and try to look Live TV, it reported "no TV tuner available".

Sounds wired because in TV server configuration my Hauppauge PVR-150MCE is correctly detected, and listed as the prority 3. the other two are IPTV stuff and stream radio. I disabled the last two cause I don't need them.

The TV tuner works fine with WinDVR so there should not be any problem with the HW or its driver.
Guess I didn't configure TV server correctly? How can I test that? Should I post the TV server log files?

Let me know how I can get the TV tuner work,
Thanks a lot!

------------------------
System configuration:
E1400+Nvidia630 MB
2GB memory
Hauppauge PVR-150MCE with HW MPEG2 encoder
windows XP+SP3, DirectX 9c mar2009, .Net Framework 3.5, VC2008 redistributable and the patches, etc.
MySQL 5.1 for windows, works fine, TV server configuration connected to it.

firefalcon

Portal Member
July 24, 2010
Home Country
China China
Dear all,

I figure out that was due to two problems:
1) haven't configure TV tuner in the TV server configuration, there is tab for the found tv card - where I need to let the tv card search for analogy signals, as well as add S-Video as input.

2) the TV server must connect to MySQL server at startup, and MySQL must be binded to an valid IP address. On windows system, that requires the default network interface for MySQL must be active and got a valid IP address. In my case, it must get DHCP worked.

I found 2) is annoying in some case. If I bind MySQL to localhost (127.0.0.1), why TV server refused to connect the database? For single seat installation, I feel this is very common - and enhances the security of database.

It is confirmed that in TV server configuraiton startup page, the test connection to database windows also refuse to connect to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1". I wonder why is that. Anyone have idea?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom