MP1-4408-FEAT_WOL_Rework_to_make_it_work_with_mapped_drive_letter (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Description of Change

This branch try to fix the long start and navigation in Video / Music / Picture when share is offline.
    It works like this, when you can't reach share based on UNC or Drive letter (like U:\Movies <-> \\SERVER\Movies), MP will try to first reach offline share and set it to not try to load it again while navigate in GUI (the offline hidden share only happen when WOL feature setting is not enable in MP Configuration).

User can always Reset or Refresh current hidden share if they know the share can be online.

Why i did the rework ?

It because, when going to vacation my laptop has all share set for home but this is not reachable when i'm outside home lol.

So MP is not usable until i remove all network share from my setting (Video / Picture / Music).

So this should be fixed now :)

This is a REWORK installer to get attention about testing for user that run into this issue, with enough good result and without regression, it surely can go in next MP release.:)

Jira Link : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4408
    Wiki docs: Needed for context menu..

Steps to install and test
    Installation
    2015.07.24 :
    Download the -->> installer based on 1.12 Final <<-- and execute it.

Testing
    Upgrade your current 1.12 installation and try :) :
    Please do not forget to give some feedback (also if there is no bug). Thank you!
    That's all :)

Sebastiii

Changelog

2015.07.24 :
    Version 1.12 Final

Build Based on MP 1.12 master + MP1-4408 branch.

Thanks to @popy and @regeszter.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The first start of MP can be a little slower because MP try to load share or the delay can happen after entering the first time into myvideo for ex.

upload_2015-7-24_15-38-22.png

upload_2015-7-24_15-39-2.png

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sebastii,
    thanks for this build and your effort with this. I've reported this issue already some month ago, unfortunately without any result. I will test asap.
    Best regards
    Helios

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Seb, I'd like to clarify this option in the Wiki but I'm not sure how it works.
    If you are using Wake-On-Lan AND the network share is offline, then this option shows in the context menu. What if you have not activated WOL and the share is online, does the option still display in the context menu?
    On which context menu does it show? ALL context menus in Videos?
    What happens if you click the option? What does it mean to reset or refresh an offline share? How can it be refreshed if it's offline? :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    The new option in context menu permit to force a refresh for detected offline share where WOL option is enable. This mean, that if a share is offline and WOL is not set for that share, MP will not try to refresh it with the option.

So if share is online -> WOL or not, refresh will do nothing :)

The context menu is for Picture / Video and Music and only visible when MP detect at least one offline share (that has the WOL enable on that share), so if all is online the entry to refresh/reset list of share will not be available.

The entry should be displayed in share view if i'm not wrong :)

Not sure if i'm clear lol

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks :) i have change the last line i hope it's correct for you :)
    The context menu option is too retry to see if detected offline share are available and then MP will put it back in the list (in share view).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @vuego i was debugging en exception in code about WOL etc.
    And i notice that i tell something wrong lol.

The offline share is set as offline only if WOL feature option in MP Config is not enable/ticket.

When the option is enable / ticket, MP will always try to reload / refresh those share.

@regeszter so maybe your rework is ok after all and @Helios61 should have it disable in MP config for best working. I will finish my debug and then we need to change the WIKI :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom