h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

sorry but i have tried 3 skins so far, and each and everyone of them crashes the MP. it starts to load and then does nothing. i can see my desktop, i can get up task manager, but i can not do anything else. i have to hit the reset button on my pc to stop and restart. i hate pressing reset.

can someone please update and make a good post on how to install a skin?! thanks. cause there is no cache folder that i have read about, and after 3 diffrent attempts going by whats in the MP1 skin docs and finding out its not working right im getting very annoyed, and honestly i really dont care for the deafault choices.

also how do you add in games that i have gotten from the pulgins section? talk about lots of documentation but nothing direct and easy to find.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    you really need to provide some more information.
    At the very least, have you tried the standard blue two skin and also what other skins? Some old and out of date skins could cause this issue.

Also, did it ever work and what happened before hand if so?
    Maybe your skin cache is corrupt, but can't investigate that without more info, sorry...

taalon927

Portal Member
    April 26, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    radeon 9880 pro vid card, and 1 gig of ram on a sempron 2 gig x64 processor. Also i doubt that this program needs higher specs then DAOC or Tabula Rasa to run, and it runs those games fine.

the default skins work fine, however mayhem, Pure Vision, and Dragon something are not working at all. i haev a 50 inch 4:3 tv so the wide screen ones wont work at all. Mayhem works ok, however it doesnt work right, i see the text where the buttons should be but no mouse or outlines to the buttons when i tell it to use that one.

i have read over and over about some cache folder must be deleted, however i can not find a cache folder.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi taalon927,
    the cache folder for version 1.0 RC1 has now moved to documents and settings\all users\application data\team Mediaportal

Try to find it there (possibly use the "FIND" function of Windows) and delete the cache files with the name of respective skin.

PureVisionHD 1.2 works perfect with MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 (including the latest SVN!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    haev a 50 inch 4:3 tv

Have you got some unusual resolution set for this.

Use MPTestTool from the start menu to supply logs and upload using the advanced + feature.

Regards

taalon927

Portal Member
    April 26, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    thanks for the help guys ill try it out and post a log if i need to.. im running it on a projection tv, so no odd resolution, just standard...

oh and via s-vid cable. tower is set at 1024x768

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom