MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-588] Music Filtering: Album with multi-tagged artist entries is not correctly sorted (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 2.1pre
    Win10 Theme

Hi,
    i've noticed an issue in music views. Sorting and filtering doesnt work as exspected. Steps to reproduce:
    Requirement: You need a .flac album with Artist & AlbumArtist multivalue tags.
    1. Go to Music
    2. Filter by Album
    3. Sort by Album Artist
    4. I get this view ->

screen_1.jpg

The same album in playingnow screen ->

screen_2.jpg

Unfortuantely it is the wrong order. Album is tagged with first artist /albumartist Viktoria Mullova, second Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, third Sir Neville Marriner (mediaInfo attached). This album shoud be sorted at V. This behavior occurs with a lot of albums with multivalue tags.
    BTW, @ge2301 , could you please check the duration field in mymusicplayingnow. It is empty.

Best regards
    Helios

Attachments

• MediaInfo.txt
      2.3 KB

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
    September 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have also seen an issue with the filter between Artist and Album Artist. Taking the Artist 'Adele' as an example, you can see below that all tracks have her down as both Artist and Album Artist except for the last one at the bottom of the list:

upload_2016-12-31_13-31-58.png

However, with the filter set as 'Album Artist' it is still showing 'Adele & The Raconteurs' event though they are not listed as such on any track. When selecting them I see <No items to display>:

upload_2016-12-31_13-34-28.png

It looks like the filter logic is working in the background, just the initial 'Album Artist' view is displaying 'Artists'.
    I can confirm that the 'Artist' view works as expected.

Hope that helps?

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-31_13-27-15.png
      upload_2016-12-31_13-27-15.png
      901.2 KB

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

However, with the filter set as 'Album Artist' it is still showing 'Adele & The Raconteurs' event though they are not listed as such on any track. When selecting them I see <No items to display>:

tagging two artists should be done by a separator between both names or else a new artist - in your case 'Adele & The Raconteurs' will be created which will be unknown for online databases and info scraping will fail. The separator is two backslashes and would look like 'Adele\\The Raconteurs'. That at least is proper tagging. What media software or MP3 players do with it may vary depending if the software is handling this right.

See also: https://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=16112
    with the info you need starting circa in the middle of the second post.

Cheers

Blue Max

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
    September 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Blue Max,

Appreciate the feedback and some useful information there that I wasn't aware of. The key point to my post however was that I see Artists listed when I select the Album Artist filter.

Both filters show 735 items from my collection although a number of them have No Items to Display.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortuantely it is the wrong order. Album is tagged with first artist /albumartist Viktoria Mullova, second Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, third Sir Neville Marriner (mediaInfo attached). This album shoud be sorted at V. This behavior occurs with a lot of albums with multivalue tags.
    BTW, @ge2301 , could you please check the duration field in mymusicplayingnow. It is empty.
    At first sight it looks as if the three artists were treated equally - and sorted alphabetically. Can you do a simple test to verify this?

1. Move the album away from your share
    2. Reimport music for the album to be removed
    3. Change album tag: Replace "Academy..." by "Zacademy..."
    4. Move album back to share
    5. Reimport

How is the play screen now looking?

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good, we found the issue!

Should be easy to fix. I'll capture it in a Jira later today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom