[Finished] [MP2-789] Please add full keyboard support (1 Viewer)

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    There was just a discussion in the general section about keyboard shortcuts. As it turns out, MP2 doesn't have shortcuts defined for all commands.
    I have also seen in the wiki that EventGhost is considered to support more remotes.

Well, my personal opinion is that most remotes have software that can map remote commands to keyboard codes. Some have this as the only mode of operation.

So please add full keyboard support and customisation: default key mappings for ALL commands and a settings screen where user can change the mappings.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I clearly see the demand for better input support. This also affects things like supporting Generic HID devices (hint @Stéphane Lenclud ;)) and also to add a way to create mappings of "keys" to "actions".

It's only a matter of time and development man power, this means we need as much help from @Developers as we can to implement it a.s.a.p.

makafre

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    +1

..I installed MePo 2 yesterday wanting to check out the new interface and everything, however I couldn't do much as my remote is currently broken and I therefore took the decision to uninstall it..
    I was actually unable to bring up the configuration window and even getting out of the interface took me several tries before being able to do so (ALT-F4 was easier)...not sure if I missed something obvious or not but in any case it didn't work in my case.

The reason I am posting this is that I have the gut feeling that if there is no full keyboard/mouse support out of the box, then you will get a lower "convertion rate" for people that will try this software for the first time; you will get them to install it because of its already acquired popularity but a lot less people will be tempted to buy a remote just to verify how it really looks like and how it performs...please also do not forget that most people won't try to reach out to the forum or wiki trying to understand and remember how keys are mapped...I am one of them and I dont want to have to tell that to my kids! ;-)

Thanks!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Input Device Manager has been completely reworked and is now capable of consuming HID input. In other words, every HID device will now work in MP2. :)

Different input devices can now be individually configured to map MP2 commands and screens function (e.g. Movies or TV) to a key (combination) on the device.

This will be rolled out with MP 2.2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom