morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am back :)
    No. And from what I see it's not even merged into the 2.2 branch yet. morpheus_xx is currently not available, when he's back, we'll remind him to merge this into 2.2.
    I have implemented both changes and pushed to this branch: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2. If it works well, it will be part of MP 2.2 (@Testers)
    • Prefer Chapters over Titles for normal next/prev keys
    • Add page up/down to audio, video and image as shortcut for next/prev title
    Not sure if this is the change? This should be included in 2.2 already.
    There is still only manual chapter changing, because we don't have "chapter types" to decide when to skip automatically.

Bob C

Portal Member
    February 6, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just installed 2.2 and still don't see chapters from comskip. Should I test my setup some how or did this not get into the pre release?

Bob C

Portal Member
    February 6, 2016
    Home Country
    @morpheus_xx To update my last comment. The comskip file only creates chapters when watching from my server. If I'm using the client their are no chapters. Can you please help me with this. Thank you

david_31262

Portal Member
    September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Country flag
    @morpheus_xx To update my last comment. The comskip file only creates chapters when watching from my server. If I'm using the client their are no chapters. Can you please help me with this. Thank you

Hate to wake up an old thread but I'm seeing the same problem and there is no indication here if this has been addressed.

I'd like to switch to MP2, but problems with commercial skipping keep taking me back to MP1.

IThe commskip .txt file needs to be on the local machine. If I copy a video and .txt file to the client local HDD and add it as a media source, then the chapter breaks are seen (running 2.2.1).

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

keinbild

August 28, 2021
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello, are there any news about using com skip and playing the edl files in MP2 2.3? I can't make it work.

Thanks and greetings
    Kain

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the non working hama/ortek remote which is not full RC6 compliant following advice in this forum, but I was unable to see Live TV recordings with the user interface (both the old one and the new nereus one). I...
    I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the...
    I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the ability to speed up replay with sound!
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the...
    Sorry to ask a question again that I can see has been asked before, but I just cannot find an answer and so many of thew wiki links...
    Replies
    Views
    I never dealed in detail with this, because I needed just to connect my IRSS, install the driver and directly it worked out of the box with MP2. Maybe other users may confirm, what they did or you tell us which remote you have. There is also an input device manager within MP2 which you can try.
    I never dealed in detail with this, because I needed just to connect my IRSS, install the driver and directly it worked out of the...
    The MediaPortal2 setup guide indicates IR Remotes require IRSS. It links to this page, which indicates IRSS is compatible with...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom