MP2 or MP1 for HDHomeRun Prime? (1 Viewer)

rsybel

July 27, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've set up MP2 on a single machine (client and server), and I must admit, it looks pretty damn good, There was a lot of head scratching during configuration, but I got channels scanned, EPG guide working, and an existing video library imported. Live TV works just fine.

But, there seem to be a few lingering issues and I'm not now certain if I shouldn't have set up MP1? (Although the better integration on MP2 is a big attraction.)

So, although Live TV works (yes, and timeshifting seems to work fine), I have problems with releasing tuners when they are done viewing/recording. I've seen posts on that, mostly about MP1, but I wasn't sure if MP2 has resolved these issues any better. I haven't checked my windows firewall setting yet, but I will do that tonight.

The BIG problem has been testing scheduling recordings. Last night I test recorded a 1 hour TV show. During the recording, ALL 3 TUNERS on the HDHomeRun Prime were lit up, as in being used. My CPU utilization on my i7 processor was about 25%, with jumps up to 75%.

Finally, the recording is junk. Although MP2 will play it back, it looks like barely any data got through, so only the biggest blocks get decoded. (Background color with a few moving blocks was all I got. No Audio). The .ts file was about 500 Mb.

Is this the right platform for the HDHomeRun series? Should I back rev to MP1? I've been through the forums and the Wiki, looking for answers, but almost everything is for MP1. As of a year ago, everyone said MP2 was a work in progress, but it seems much more mature now. Should I work through these issues or go to MP1?

And any help pointing me in the right direction for the recording issues would be great.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom