[solved] MP2 records OK but recording not displayed (1 Viewer)

Bunkermentality

Portal Member
October 31, 2017
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm brand new to MediaPortal and ejoying getting to know it better.

I have it installed OK and can view and record live TV. I set the recording folder to \\<network>\Videos\TV Recordings (using UNC notation) as the recording folder is on a NAS drive. I can record programmes and see the recorded files in the recordings folder but the programmes do not appear on the Recordings list. This displays <No items to display>". I had to align my user name with that on the NAS to make the addressing work by creating a system user and associating this login to the MediaPortal service.

By way of a test I reset the recording folder to C:\Users\Public\Videos to do a local test. However I cannot reset the recording folder address from \\<network>\Videos\TV Recordings even though I manually stop and restart the service, and have rebooted the PC. Yet when I view the TV Server Config it shows C:\Users\Public\Videos as being the recording folder.

Any ideas for this?

Paul

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm brand new to MediaPortal
    Welcome!

I set the recording folder to \\<network>\Videos\TV Recordings
    Did you do this in the share definition section of the MP2 client? If yes, you made a mistake.;)

TV is managed as a plugin and uses another package as you probably noticed when using the TV Configuration. Actually recording paths must only be defined and changed within the TV Configuation. The path(s) that you define there will then automatically be recognized by MP2 and added as a share with the name Recording(1).

However I cannot reset the recording folder address from \\<network>\Videos\TV Recordings even though I manually stop and restart the service
    All changes to the TV recording folders must be done from within the TV Configuration. Configuration options to restart the TV Service from within the configuraiton are void and won't have a real effect. If you want to restart the software, then you need to restart the MP2 Server service.

Bunkermentality

Portal Member
    October 31, 2017
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for your message. I omitted to say that I applied all changes using the TV Configuration utility. I can now see the Server media source Recordings(1) as I rebuilt the server.

I also see a client setting "Choose media source". What purpose does this have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom