MP2 Source and Building (1 Viewer)

ravensOrb

Portal Member
January 3, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Greetings and Happy New Years to everyone :)

I am starting to take a look at MP2 and the source and I am running into a few odd issues. Before I dig any deeper I thought I would ask a couple of questions.

Issues so far:
- BuildReport doesn't compile (ICommandLineOptions doesn't exist, BadImageFormat loading MediaPortal.Utilities)
- Installer Script doesn't match file structure so the installers do not build
- Build scripts (all of them) error out because BuildReport doesn't compile

I have read through the wikie for setting everything up
Compiling - MediaPortal Wiki

My main question is -- Is this the correct location in SVN to be grabbing the latest code from
MP2 - Revision 3712: /trunk/MediaPortal

or should I be using one of the branches?

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP2 Source and Building

Happy new year to you too!

Well, don't use the build scripts with "Build_Report" in their name, use MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Client.bat and MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Server.bat instead. Those scripts don't depend on BuildReport. The BuildReport tool is very old and currently not maintained. The same with the other tools inside the Tools directory.
    The Setup directory is very old and is currently not maintained too. We'll update it once we have decide to build an installer for MP2.

We also have some old projects inside the Source folder, which are included in the solutions but not enabled to be built in the Debug and Release configurations. Don't try to build them, they won't compile either.

I guess I should clean it up a bit and write some words about those unmaintained folders in the wiki.

And - yes, the trunk is the correct path to use. You'll see, the two main solutions are working well :)

ravensOrb

Portal Member
    January 3, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, that makes sense -- thanks!

Also -- If you are interested, I was able to update the BuildReport tool and get it working.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP2 Source and Building

Ok, that makes sense -- thanks!

Also -- If you are interested, I was able to update the BuildReport tool and get it working.

Thanks very much! But I think it is not much work since the tool was working well. I guess I only forgot to update the reference to a core project. It's more work for me to include a patch for that than doing it myself :) I'll have a look at it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom