MP2 synchronising of stoptime (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi CyberSimian

Thanks for that. I had missed it. I'll look at that when I've got over the current issues.

I have a SurfacePro (Windows 10) that I have loaded MP2 client. But when I try to run it, MP2 hangs. Here are the log files.

Can anyone help?

Tony

Attachments

• Client.log
      5.9 MB
    • ClientError.log
      5.8 MB

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hello again CyberSimian

Do you know how to change remote control button assignments in MP2?

Tony

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Do you know how to change remote control button assignments in MP2?
    Unfortunately not, as I have never used MP2 :eek:. But I do read all of the MP2 threads, and so saw the discussion about scrolling to the top or bottom of the list.

Hopefully one of the MP2 experts will be able to provide the information on customising the remote control buttons.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi CyberSimian

I had a pretty difficult day yesterday trying to install and use MP2 2.2.3 in the hope that it might resolve my multi-user issue.

Sadly, my experience of using it with one server and 4 clients was not fruitful. Things didn't work as expected but worst of all it was unstable - the server service crashed while recording programs last night and the user profiles I setup kept getting cleared back to default values.

All of this has led me to the conclusion that MP1 is really stable, has a very user=friendly interface, and does what it says on the tin. So, I'm definitely going to stick with MP1.

I realize that I may sometimes seem a bit negative, but I think MP is an excellent product providing a great service, and I will persevere with working on my sync application, which I have re-written from the ground up to handle databases other than VideoDatabaseV5. There are some performance issues I need to address - caused mainly by some database design issues that I may be able to correct without too much difficulty.

Thankfully, because I have a centralized configuration, I was able to reinstate MP1 pretty quickly.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom