14_Audio_Streams.jpg
      153 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Excellent exhibition of PIP (Picture in Picture) functionality.
    A lot of users (read: me...) will start drooling now!

:D

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Looks good morpheus, like tomtom said, looks better than the default blue.

Can you clarify something for me, what is the relationship between skins and themes?

I assume that the skin defines the basic look and feel, then the theme alters just the colours of the skin. So as an example, if Maya was ported to MP2, you could have that skin with a grey, blue, black and purple themes within that skin.

Is that right?

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This theme has a great look. I really like it :)

Can you clarify something for me, what is the relationship between skins and themes?

I assume that the skin defines the basic look and feel, then the theme alters just the colours of the skin. So as an example, if Maya was ported to MP2, you could have that skin with a grey, blue, black and purple themes within that skin.

Is that right?

Funkstar, from what I understood from the wiki, there is two parts in a skin :

- The screens, that define with controls it will contain, and where it will be displayed (i.e. the menu on the left, the navbar at the bottom...)
    - The themes, that defines the style of the controls, the color, the graphics, maybe the sounds...

So you could have for the same skin more than differents colors, but maybe for a check box a square or a round and differents sounds and background.

Please let me know if i'm wrong ;)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP2 Theme: Dark Silver

This theme has a great look. I really like it :)

Is that right?

Funkstar, from what I understood from the wiki, there is two parts in a skin :

- The screens, that define with controls it will contain, and where it will be displayed (i.e. the menu on the left, the navbar at the bottom...)
    - The themes, that defines the style of the controls, the color, the graphics, maybe the sounds...

So you could have for the same skin more than differents colors, but maybe for a check box a square or a round and differents sounds and background.

Please let me know if i'm wrong ;)

Exactly. That is the idea behind the separation of skin and theme. Each skin can provide multiple themes. Themes provide colors, control styles, font sizes, other constants and other artifacts which need to be different in each theme.

Users who are viewing this thread