MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2-V2.4.1 Installation crashes (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, they show that the server doesn't seem to have permission to write to the programdata folder (although it did create the log file :confused: ) and therefore failed to start. The server runs under the SYSTEM account, can you check whether that account has full control for the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\ folder, and if not give it to it? For instructions as to how to do that, see the 4th bullet point under Resolution here. Those instructions tell you to grant full control for the whole drive, which I believe is the default for Windows, however you might get away with just granting full control to the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\ directory if there's a reason you have disallowed the SYSTEM account from the whole drive.

EnricoH

Portal Member
    July 19, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, they show that the server doesn't seem to have permission to write to the programdata folder (although it did create the log file :confused: ) and therefore failed to start. The server runs under the SYSTEM account, can you check whether that account has full control for the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\ folder, and if not give it to it? For instructions as to how to do that, see the 4th bullet point under Resolution here. Those instructions tell you to grant full control for the whole drive, which I believe is the default for Windows, however you might get away with just granting full control to the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\ directory if there's a reason you have disallowed the SYSTEM account from the whole drive.
    Hi Brownard,
    I checked the security properties.
    SYSTEM is the Owner of C:\ProgramData and has full control on C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal and all subdirectories.

BUT: all elements (files and subdirectories) below do show:
    Owner: local Administators Group (my values shoe EH2\Administratoren
    Full control only granted to USER group (EH2\Benutzer).

So I chnage the permission belonging to SYSTEM in a first step only to the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal
    and changed the APPLIED TO setting from "Only this folder" to "This folder, subfolder and files"

Finally, I ran the MediaPortal installer and ...
    was lucky.

:)

Thanks for your support, guys.
    Great job.

EnricoH

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great it finally works and you can enjoy MP2.
    I've added this as possible solution for error 1603 into our wiki in case others face simular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom