MP3 ID3 name - cache? (1 Viewer)

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
I have a many mp3 with wrong id3 tags (with tracker/site adress etc.) so ive decide to remove it

a problem is - because MP remember this tags so even if winamp displays just mp3 name a MP displaying a old id3 tag
i was try to find a file with cached id3 text but there are no such file in MP folder :/

so how i can FORCE a reread my mp3 folder with current (removed) id3 tags

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The ID3 tag information is stored in the music database. To reset that database and force a rescan of your entire collection open up configuration and goto Music > Music Database. Uncheck the box that says "Only update new / changed files after..." (just to be on the safe side and to ensure that you rescan everything), check the shares at the top that you want to scan, and click the "Update database from selected shares" button.

This should cause all of your ID3 tags to be scanned again and updated accordingly in the database making them viewable in MediaPortal.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well you should not remove the ID3 tags, you should correct them.
    if you want to use Music without correct tags, you should use the "Shares" view, which is a representation of the folder.
    All other views use the Music Database and need to have valid tags to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom