MP3 tag info display? (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Would it be possible to display the MP3 tag info when the info button is pressed whilst a song is highlighted?

Also, perhaps in the now playing screen, when the info is pressed the same OSD containing MP3 tag info could be displayed?

It would be handy to have one button to randomly start playing tracks whne you first enter "My Music". I think this has been mentioned before. This would save having to add your entire music collection to the playlist and then selecting shuffle. Adding an entire music collection to a playlist takes a long time ;0)

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Colin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
I think this is a must for an MP3/media player. Eg, when listening or browsing songs and someone asks what year was this released, you can easily answer the question by pressing the "info"/F3 button.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When you listen to a song you have in "Now Playing":
    Artist, Album, Title, Year and Track Number.

The same information you'll get, when Status Overlay is enabled and you enter Full Screen.

So besides the Genre, we show you almost all information that we have about a song.
    Yes, i know there are far more Tags inside an mp3, but most of our users even can't manage to fill out those basic tags.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi hwahrmann,

I agree most basic info is displayed in "now playing" however, perhaps a "more technical" display could be created in an OSD window. eg:

Artist:
    Track:
    Album:
    Year:
    Genre:
    Comments:

This OSD window would be the same whether you are in "now playing", "fullscreen" or browsing your music collection - in which case it could display the current highlighted track tag info. If you think how MP gets used, especially by friends, they spend most of the time browsing your collection and not necessarily in the now playing window.

Additionally, I thought it may tie all the music views together and provide the user with a common button to press which returns the same OSD info all the time. This could be further enhanced to provide EXIF info for pictures and video info for videos/movies (as already happens in the video fullscreen).

Was just a tidy way of linking all music views and all MP media browsing together providing one common "info" OSD for the user. I know when I'm browsing its nice to know that if I want to find out some media info, whether it be a picture, video or music file, that I just need to press the "info" button wherever I am in MP.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
    Colin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    So I guess this is not a popular idea then?

Surely it would be useful whilst browsing titles....

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well, i don't know, if it's popular or not. it might be usefull.
    however, as you may have noticed, we've relased 0.2.3 RC1 and are shortly to relase RC2, which means we've a feature freeze.
    i don't want to add a new faeure which might cause problems in the relase.
    Once released, i might look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom