Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi Community!

Does MP support the new "mp3HD TECHNOLOGY"? I will try to en/decode some files this weekend!

Best regards

Helios

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Backward Compatible to mp3

So, MP should support. If not then the mp3HD is not backwards compatible :p

Jepp, Playback of lossy .mp3 Files will work, but lossless?

Most likely not, as it seems to require a plugin for Winamp as well. PM will support it if BASS adds support. Byt why another new loseless audio format? FLAC etc. are already supported and there wont be any difference in the sound quality.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Only one file!

I see! This looks pretty cool actually, if it catches on. Only problem I see is a bit of redundancy, but it will be very useful for people who have mp3 players (which obviously won't support this new format yet). You could have one file which plays losslessly on the PC, but lossily on devices that don't support MP3HD. From the website:

• mp3HD is a lossless audio codec (100% bit-exact replica of CD tracks)
    • Backward Compatible to mp3
    • File extension .mp3
    • Bitrates for music approximately 500 to 900 kbps rates (similar to other lossless codecs), depending on genre
    • Embedded mp3 track and the mp3HD file share the same id3 metadata
    • Encoding parameters (e.g. bit rate), ancillary data and meta data of embedded mp3 track are under control

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
    After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
    Replies
    Views
    I didn’t know this, however as they hadn’t announced anything new for a while I should have guessed. Sad though. I’ve had a harmony remote for about 15years. Now I’m using the elite with hub and it’s amazing. hopefully they stick to their word and keep up support.
    I didn’t know this, however as they hadn’t announced anything new for a while I should have guessed. Sad though. I’ve had a harmony...
    As announced on the Logitech forums: Announcement: Harmony Remote Manufacturing, Service and Support Update Hello folks, We have...
    Replies
    Views
    There's an auto3d updated available in a post, don't have thats under my hand right now, but yiu can use it, arion_p fixed it [emoji106] Glads it was working for you [emoji106] Tapatalk
    There's an auto3d updated available in a post, don't have thats under my hand right now, but yiu can use it, arion_p fixed it...
    Dear support, After upgrading from 1.22 to either 1.23 or 1.24 all movies or videos I play only shows black screen. Audio is fine...
    Replies
    Views
    in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application. -2005530508 (Unknown) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()...
    in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application...
    Hi All, Hope everyone is safe & well, in these trying times. As I live in a city that has been incarcerated for rmonths, thought I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom