MPAR or other WASAPI Renderer for LIVE-TV (1 Viewer)

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have used Kodi for a while, but I'm back at MePo for some time now. In Kodi I used WASAPI for my Live-TV and it was very convenient, because my receiver decoded the correct audio source automatically (e.g 5.1 and so on).

However in MePo I use the default renderer, the problem is that my Live TV always comes in as stereo on my receiver and I need to change I manually every time. And I have to change it back if I want to listen to music or something.

I'm able to use MPAR in MePo and here it works without audio delay issues, but every minute or so the sound ticks or clicks for a moment. Is there a way to solve this? Maybe another setting in the MPAR config or something.

Or can I use another renderer that is WASAPI alike?

BTW, somehow I'm not able to change my speaker setup in Windows other than stereo, because when I do that the HDMI clicking sounds are horrible. It switches on and off the audio stream. For example the GUI sounds is one big clicking mysery when I do that. So for me switching to WASAPI is more convenient.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    hello, it's not recommended to use MPAR for liveTV, and don't need it.
    move on DefaultDirectsound, and with LAV set it for bistream coded stream for let your AVR done the decodage.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem with that is, in my case, I get severe clicking sounds over hdmi. So every time a sound starts or stops. It is very annoying.

I tested it now and I'm not succesful yet also in upsampling stereo TV channels. In my setup it sounds better to hear TV from the center speaker too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I gave up and jumped ship to Kodi - which worked first time without problems. After 10 years with Mediaportal, it was a huge shame to leave but I couldn’t get it to work at all with my new PC with integrated...
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I...
    Hi, I've been using MediaPortal 1 for many years on an HTPC with a graphics card, but since switching to a Dell Optiplex 5080 with...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in my case a Western Digital 3GB PURTZ model) through a hot swap external SATA III tray. (I forgot to mention this case in my previous posts). The problem always appears 15 Secs aprox. after the connection...
    Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in...
    Hello, I wish to all to stay healthy. MediaPortal 2.3.1 live tv freezes when inserting a usb memory stick or when mounting an...
    Replies
    Views
    Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had made some registry changes to attempt to increase the video quality, which ended up not being supported by Kodi. Attached is a screenshot of what my final (working) settings are, just in case anyone else...
    Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had...
    Good morning. Back a few months ago, I replaced my original HTPC with updated hardware. I have a few Hauppauge ATSC tuners I'm...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Music on Headphones DE
    Update the latest version of Pure Audio installed ok but did not change this problem:(
    Update the latest version of Pure Audio installed ok but did not change this problem:(
    If I plug headphones into the jack on my HTPC and play music the audio continues to play through the speakers via the AVR and I get...
    Replies
    Views
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen it more rarely than OP... i'll try some more testing using DRR, i usually switch between 50Hz p, for 25fps (dvb-t FTA ) content to 23.976 Hz for 23.976fps content, then back to 50Hz...
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen...
    I fully realize that this is probably not the correct place, or a correct bugreport, but since a while (maybe a month?) I have some...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom