MPAR or other WASAPI Renderer for LIVE-TV (1 Viewer)

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have used Kodi for a while, but I'm back at MePo for some time now. In Kodi I used WASAPI for my Live-TV and it was very convenient, because my receiver decoded the correct audio source automatically (e.g 5.1 and so on).

However in MePo I use the default renderer, the problem is that my Live TV always comes in as stereo on my receiver and I need to change I manually every time. And I have to change it back if I want to listen to music or something.

I'm able to use MPAR in MePo and here it works without audio delay issues, but every minute or so the sound ticks or clicks for a moment. Is there a way to solve this? Maybe another setting in the MPAR config or something.

Or can I use another renderer that is WASAPI alike?

BTW, somehow I'm not able to change my speaker setup in Windows other than stereo, because when I do that the HDMI clicking sounds are horrible. It switches on and off the audio stream. For example the GUI sounds is one big clicking mysery when I do that. So for me switching to WASAPI is more convenient.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello, it's not recommended to use MPAR for liveTV, and don't need it.
    move on DefaultDirectsound, and with LAV set it for bistream coded stream for let your AVR done the decodage.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem with that is, in my case, I get severe clicking sounds over hdmi. So every time a sound starts or stops. It is very annoying.

I tested it now and I'm not succesful yet also in upsampling stereo TV channels. In my setup it sounds better to hear TV from the center speaker too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom