MPBlue - (Control MP with your PocketPC)

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by scrappy.doo, September 8, 2005.

1. scrappy.doo

scrappy.doo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well here's something I've created. It's a plugin that allows you to connect to MediaPortal using your Pocket PC.

Put MPBlue.dll inside your 'plugins\process' dir and enable the plugin through the configuration utility.
    http://www.meukro.com/MPBlue.rar

Extract all the files from MPBlueClientPocket.rar and put them all on your pocket pc. Create a network connection using either bluetooth or wlan and you should be ready to go.
    http://www.meukro.com/MPBluePocket.rar

There's A LOT to do, so consider this a 'proof-of-concept' rather then a usefull plugin for now.
    What is working:

- Grab TV Channel list
    - Grab TV Programs
    - Menu Navigation

feel free to post some comments/suggestions/anything.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TVKiwi

TVKiwi Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scrappy - this could well become the most useful plugin - certainly what I have been waiting for. I would think that the best use for this type of plugin would be for browsing and selecting music / arranging playlists without having to be at the HTPC.

Is this something you have in mind (please say yes)?

4. Taipan
    • Premium Supporter

Taipan Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    This sounds like it could be the answer to my prayers - I have been looking for some way that I could navigate, select and play my music, without having to fire up my display (a DLP projector).

Now all I need is a Pocket PC.... :)

5. mzemina
    • Premium Supporter

mzemina Retired Team Member

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm going to pay close attention as this plugin is being developed. Hopefully it will allow skinning also. It will then be the ultimate remote control!

Mike Zemina

6. maxtrash

maxtrash Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nicely done. As a proof of concept it certainly works. What techniques did you use to make the interface?

7. scrappy.doo

scrappy.doo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The download uses the standard windows GUI components for the interface and a custom made ImageButton. At the moment I'm using some stuff from the OpenNETCF library since I'm focusing on getting the basic stuff to work first before I start creating a fancy GUI that doesn't work :wink:

I've just finished the part that fetches the list of movies and I'll soon upload a new version that should allow you to play any of the media from the MediaPortal database.

8. scrappy.doo

scrappy.doo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Updated Version

Plugin:
    http://www.meukro.com/MPBlue.rar

Pocket PC Client:
    http://www.meukro.com/MPBluePocket.rar

The client will show the TV guide a bit better now and some internal stuffed changed. You can also view your movie database and play a file, now the file does get played fullscreen, but the client and mediaportal won't respond to any of your commands afterwards, heh. I guess I need to fix that. Any tips are welcome since I can find very little documentation on how to do stuff in your plugins. This is the current code I'm using to play a file:
    Code (Text):
    2. GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow((int) GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_VIDEO,true);
    3. MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(file);
    If anyone also knows some library to create some wicked GUI's for pocket pcs, please let me now as the default window components are working , but they do look ugly :wink:

9. LordMessi
    • Premium Supporter

LordMessi Retired Team Member

IT-supporter
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Pocket PC version?

Hi,

Does this script require Pocket PC version 2003 ?...and the last RAR file is missing the OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms lib

10. scrappy.doo

scrappy.doo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it requires the .NET Compact Framework to be installed on your pocket PC, which is the case for all 2003 models I think, but you can install it on 2002 models aswell. The rar file is updated now with all dll files you need.

11. ASiDiE
    • Premium Supporter

ASiDiE Retired Team Member

Computer Tek/Tester for MP
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Are the links down? I would like to test this out but can't get the files.

Also you could edit the topic to be a little more clear what this is... I think you would get a better response.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!