MPC-HC can't play Mediaportal .ts recordings (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue skin
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: AMD X2 4200+
    HDD: WD 750G
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 800
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 780G
    Video Card: Onbaord ATI HD3200
    Video Card Driver: CATALYST 8.8 SUITE
    Sound Card: Realtek Onboard Audio
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF
    Sound Card Driver: Reltek 2.03
    1. TV Card: HVR2200
    1. TV Card Type: Hybrid DVB-T & Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: HVR
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Soundgraph iPAD
    TV: Samsung LCD TV 1920x1080 60Hz
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I really like MPC-HC as it plays all my h264 .mkv files with hardware acceleration, i have found other players / codec combinations to be more picky.

However the only problem is that MPC-HC wont play the .ts files recorded by mediaportal

Therefore this is stopping me from using MPC-HC as my default video player for mediaportal

Could someone help me create custom graph or tell me the codec settings that will force MPC-HC to use a different codec when it encounters a .ts file recorded by mediaportal. eg. MPC-HC uses its default internal filters for all files except if it loads a .ts file it uses an external filter say CoreAVC instead.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you point me towards any guides for setting up the haali splitter to do this?

haali.jpg

The splitter is installed as part of CoreAVC, what options should i select to do what i want.

i would like to either

1. Instruct Mediaportal to use MPCVideoDec.ax as the default codec for all files, unless they are .ts in which case i want to use coreavc

2. Instruct mediaportal to use MPC-HC as an external stnad alone video player. If MPC-HC opens a .ts file i want it to use the coreavc codec instead of it's internal filters.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you point me towards any guides for setting up the haali splitter to do this?

When you install haali, a little config window pops up with various options, ts support is one of them and is enabled by default.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem is that i want to have .ts files use coreavc and use mpc for everything else.

This is because mpc-hc cant play the .ts files that media portal creates and mpc-hc is the only thing that does robust hardware acceleration on my setup.

also there is a default option enabled to disable the internal mpc mkv splitter do i want to leave this or turn it off?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    also there is a default option enabled to disable the internal mpc mkv splitter do i want to leave this or turn it off?

This i can answer, leave it enabled.

MPC-HC as it plays all my h264 .mkv files with hardware acceleration

The problem you will have is they both cover h264 files, you could try setting one in movie setting and the other in TV, that may do what you want, the only way of checking is use graphstudio, connect to remote graph and see if the selected codec is correct for the file source.

Remember the standard ts file will use the powerdvd codec anyway.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi ray,

thanks for reply

I currently only have MPC-HC and CoreAVC installed. PDVD8 is currently uninstalled.

I really want to use MPC-HC as an external player because i have a lot of problems with the internal player not doing h.a. with every type of media file. I find MPC-HC can handle everything i throw at it (exception being the .ts files) with hardware acceleration.

This is a sample recording of a .ts file from DVB-T Freeview NZ 1080i
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TIJ68KM

I believe NZ uses a different encoding to other countries
    This is the reason why I can't use PDVD8 as the TV Codec, because it has glitches and gets stuck in an endless video glitch/stutter.
    This glitch only occurs with XP and hardware acceleration. if i turn off hardware acceleration in mp i dont get the glitch. if i use vista+evr i dont get the glitch.
    However i find that XP + VRM9 gives me the best results and is fastest for downloaded h264 movies.
    There is no glitch in this .ts sample file and i can play it with PDVD8 within MP itself.

But i'm unable to play it with MPC-HC

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue skin
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: AMD X2 4200+
    HDD: WD 750G
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 800
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 780G
    Video Card: Onbaord ATI HD3200
    Video Card Driver: CATALYST 8.8 SUITE
    Sound Card: Realtek Onboard Audio
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF
    Sound Card Driver: Reltek 2.03
    1. TV Card: HVR2200
    1. TV Card Type: Hybrid DVB-T & Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: HVR
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Soundgraph iPAD
    TV: Samsung LCD TV 1920x1080 60Hz
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I really like MPC-HC as it plays all my h264 .mkv files with hardware acceleration, i have found other players / codec combinations to be more picky.

However the only problem is that MPC-HC wont play the .ts files recorded by mediaportal

Therefore this is stopping me from using MPC-HC as my default video player for mediaportal

Could someone help me create custom graph or tell me the codec settings that will force MPC-HC to use a different codec when it encounters a .ts file recorded by mediaportal. eg. MPC-HC uses its default internal filters for all files except if it loads a .ts file it uses an external filter say CoreAVC instead.

Look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-work-internal-tsreader-ax-45208/#post305001

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is a quote from another thread
    Here is what I do... I don't use built in MP video player because I need to use different players for different file types (and MP only allows one external player to be set up), so I use a small VB script. The script is called MoviePlayer.vbs, and that is the "program" I set up as an external player in MP. The contents of the script is as follows:

Set oArgs = WScript.Arguments
    sFilePath = oArgs(0)
    Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

iRC = oShell.Run("""" & sFilePath & """")

Wscript.Quit iRC

This will take the file name of the movie file and launch it. The beauty of this is two-fold. First, when you use a regular batch file, it opens up a Command prompt window. This does not happen with this script, so your external player gains focus directly.

Second, it does not launch the external player directly, it launches the movie file, so you have to use file associations in Windows. I have Zoom Player associated with AVI files in windows, and QuickTime player associated with M4V files (iTunes downloads).

So all I do in MP is click on the movie, the script launches the associated movie in the right player. Zoom Player launches directly into full-screen, so you don't even notice it's there. QuickTime launches in a window, but I have mapped a key to my remote that switches it to full-screen with a key press.

Btw, I don't take credit for writing that script, I found it using Google, I've just modified it for my needs.

I'm guessing i could use a similar solution for mediaportal
    Would it be possible to associate .ts files with mediaportal and associate all other files with mpc-hc?
    So that the .ts files are still played within mediaportal?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem you will have is they both cover h264 files, you could try setting one in movie setting and the other in TV, that may do what you want,

When you view recorded tv the codec used is the movies:h264codec not the tv:h264codec.

I am suprised at this i would of thought that if you view a TV Recording under My TV it would make more sense to use the h264 codec associated with TV rather than Movie. If MP defaulting to using the TV codec for viewing recorded TV then i wouldn't have this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom