MPC HC full compatibility possible? (1 Viewer)

THX-UltraII

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
Hi guys,

Im new on this forum and started to use MediaPortal because I saw it at a friend of mine. First of all big compliments for the authors and all the people on the forum who contribute to Mediaportal! THUMBS UP!

I m trying to configure MediaPortal so that it is fully compatible with Media Player Classic Home Cinema. So, I ve downloaded version 1.0 with the laterst snapshot version and in the config I checked the box ''use external player (replaces internal player)'', and in the ''Path/Filename'' I put the path where my MPC HC is installed: C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mplayerc.exe.

After this I ran MediaPortal. Now comes my problem: when I select one of my HD movies (single files with .wmv and .mkv extensions) MPC HC start running fine just like it does without MediaPortal. But when selecting one of my regular dvd's (VIDEO_TS folder which contains a .TS file which I normally load into MPC HC) MPC HC will not run. The dvd folder is played by the mediaportal internal player.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for all help for this newbie :D

ieGod

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
There are two locations for using external players in the settings. One is located under the "Videos" section, the other under the "DVD" section. Just set both to use MPC HC and you should be good to go.

THX-UltraII

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
thanks m8, that did the job. However, there are still a few little problem. First of all, mediaportal starts running MPC-HC when I choose a movie via Movies Pictures, but mediaportal also attempts to run the selected movie (video_ts folder, .mkv or .wmv, it doens t matter which movie source I pick) with the internal player. Is there a way to prevent Mediportal from doing this?

thanks for all help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom