MPC-HC full integration in MP (1 Viewer)

imported_Nikko

Portal Pro
November 15, 2005
Hello Everyone,

I recently tested MPC-HC, and got very impressed by its quality. My SD movies now almost look like HD, amazing. Therefore, i decided to use it as an external player instead of the one integrated in MP.

My only concern is that i did not manage to fully integrate it in MP. When i start a movie, first the window of MPC-HC appears on top, until the movie starts, which might last up to 30 seconds, and i don't find it very sexy:

Therefore, i was wondering weather it would be possibel to fully integrate it, without the window of the player poping up. I set MediaPortal to be always on top, but it did not restrain MPC-HC to start on top.

Would anyone have an idea of how i could fully integrate it to MediaPortal ?

Thanks in advance for your help;).

MediaPortal Version: 1.02
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP SP3

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe add '/fullscreen' to the end of the MPC-HC command line ? (see MPC-HC -> Help -> Command line switches for all the options).

Tony

imported_Nikko

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2005
    Hello Owlsroost,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i tried typing: "C:/program files/mpchc/mpchc.exe" /fullscreen
    and MP gave me error message. I tried without the "" as well, but it did work either.

Any idea of what could be wrong ?

Tks

p.s i know that the "/" should be inversed in the program path, but as i am on mac, i dunno how to do those "inversed /" pc use.

imported_Nikko

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2005
    Hello Cilla,

thanks for your kind reply ;). Do you mean that HD Starter would work with Media Player Classic Homecinema or were you suggesting me to use powerdvd ?

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No I meant, that you can use that script as basis for your script.
    Emm, I've some experience with authotkey, I'll write a script for you. But not now, I'm too tired.

lg cilla

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I've written a little script for you. This script will handle the fullscreen mode an it's remapping different keys.

So you can control your MPC HC with your Windows MCE Control. You also can leave MPC HC with the Esc and Backspace Key (also the Back-key on remote control).

I've not tested all keys ('cause I've no remote control at the moment), but it should work.

I've integrated this script on my system, and it looks like a "full integrated app". So have fun ;)

btw: Here's a page with a lot of informations about MPC HC: All the things you may want to know about Media Player Classic – HomeCinema. | My collection of short anime reviews

I've attached a screenshot about that, what you have to set up in "Mediaportal configuration".

lg cilla

Attachments

• external.png
      external.png
      6.5 KB
    • mpc-starter.rar
      30.6 KB
    • mpc_starter.ahk.txt
      30.6 KB

imported_Nikko

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2005
    Hello cilla,

thanks so much for your help ;).

Today 03:25
    ...But not now, im too tired.
    :D:D.
    Damned, you're even crazier than me :D.

I'lle have a look at it and i'll let you know as soon as i'lle have installed it.

See you:).

Tks alot,

it works almost like a charm. My only concern is when i stop a move. It returns to MPC-HC, and to exit it, i have to "kill it" in the task manager, otherwise it won't exit. Do yo have any idea of what the problem could be ? Would it be possible to add an instruction, when to movie comes to the end or when stop is pressed, that makes MPC-HC exit ?

One more question regarding the script you wrote for me. Actually i dont have a Windows MCE remonte control, but an imon. Can i simply replace the shortcuts in the script with the keyboard shortcuts of MP ?

for example:

on the script
    ; Stop
    b::Esc
    return

in MediaPortal: Esc

is b::Esc still ok ? In the Imon manager, the name of the key is "esc".

Tks a lot in advance ;)

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Escape" and "Esc" means the same in autohotkey.

If you press Escape, the following scriptblock will be executed:

Code:
    Escape::
    IfWinExist, Media Player Classic Homecinema
    { 

IfWinNotExist, MediaPortal 
    	{
    		Run "%A_ProgramFiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
    		Sleep, 1000 
    	}
    	WinActivate, MediaPortal
    	WinMaximize
    	WinClose, Media Player Classic Homecinema 
    	ExitApp
    } 

IfWinExist, MediaPortal 
    {
    		Send, , Escape, "%A_ProgramFiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
    }
    return

With other words:If you press Escape MPC HC will be closed and the script returns to MP.

You can translate every key to Esc.
    With "b::Esc" you will send the Escape key/command and the previously codeblock will executed.

"b" means the "stop" button on a MCE remotecontrol. So you should take a look to your imon documentation (or use "autoScriptWriter" (included in Autohotkey)) to find out the keymapping of your imon remote control.

And don't forget to compile the script after changing something ;)

lg cilla

imported_Nikko

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2005
    tks for your reply on that.

But for the moment, my main concern is to have MPC to quit automatically at the end of a movie, and not having it to crash when i try to exit, as i described above. Would you have any idea of what the issue could be ?

Tks in adv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom