MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU Type: Athlon X2
HDD:
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI 5770
Video Card Driver:

After getting totally frustrated with unstable playback and bitstreaming of Highdef material. I switched to MPC-HC and everything works like it should except for the fact that when I try to use it as an external player for MP, it loses focus and my remote no longer works.

In MP configuration "Always on top" is UNCHECKED and in MPC-HC the option for "Always on top" is checked and even though MPC-HC stays on top of MP, the remote does not work and it continues interacting with MP.

How do I fix that ?? I'm using Harmony remote which is setup as Imon Pad.

Jabberwocky

June 1, 2012
Home Country
Bolivia Bolivia
Same problem for me, I use the latest version of MPC-HC (1.6.4.6052) and Media Portal 1.2.3 .... I use imon control (latest version too), works great for only MP and only MPC-HC, but when I watch a video inside MP whit MPC-HC as external player the control doesn't respond.
I started all in windowed mode (set both: Media Portal and Media Player Classic HC start in windowed mode). when I play a video from MP start the MPC-HC like always but I cant get focus the MPC-HC even whit mouse, and same happens whit MP. I try to start "TASK MANAGER" but even whit these window no focus, I can't get focus in any window. That's the reason why the remote control doesn't respond to any command,
I don't modify any script, just installed MP 1.2.3 (and all the programs).
I don't know why MP launch the external player loosing focus, and even worst I don't know why can't get focus in any windows while playing a video in MP using external player.

Any body can check this issue and have a response for this ??

Thanks in advance.

(sorry for my bad english)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Might be easier to just fix your codec problems that are preventing playback within mediaportal.

I suggest uninstall all codecs / codec packs then use SAF, SAF installer is quite good, in that it might remove some of the codecs that you may have missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom