[Approved] MPC-HC subtitle engine: support MPC splitters (1 Viewer)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Posting it here because of the feature freeze, this patch allows using MPC splitters with MPC subtitle engine (as currently it only works with Haali).
    I also updated the code with latest sources from MPC-HC.
    Note: only mpcSubs.dll is changed.

Attachments

• mpc_hc_patch.zip
      30.6 KB
    • mpcSubs.zip
      30.6 KB

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MPC-HC subtitle engine: support MPC splitters

Thank you. But... don't you also have the problem that you hear all audio channels from a MKV wthin Mediaportal if you use the MKV/AVI Splitter from MPC? Only Haali works fine for me.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks, big thanks and again great works, i'm going to test now, i just comeback to my house and what the surprise :) ;).
    Cheers,
    Seb.

Edit : Works Great :) thank you for your patch and DLL :) and have take time to add this support :)

Thank you. But... don't you also have the problem that you hear all audio channels from a MKV wthin Mediaportal if you use the MKV/AVI Splitter from MPC? Only Haali works fine for me.

Maybe it's a addon feature like sub.
    On my side i use stream switcher from FFDshow (audio part) and i can change audio with no issue.
    Seb.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MPC-HC subtitle engine: support MPC splitters

On my side i use stream switcher from FFDshow (audio part) and i can change audio with no issue.

Good hint! Thank you very much!

Amazing! With the MPC MKV Splitter the video files are starting much faster than with the Haali filter. Even on network shares the files starts within a second. Haali seems to scan the file before starting the playback. On network shares it takes up to 30 seconds on my setup before the playback starts (Haali). Now Mediaportal plays the files as fast as starting with the MPC Player! :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MPC-HC subtitle engine: support MPC splitters

Amazing! With the MPC MKV Splitter the video files are starting much faster than with the Haali filter. Even on network shares the files starts within a second. Haali seems to scan the file before starting the playback. On network shares it takes up to 30 seconds on my setup before the playback starts (Haali). Now Mediaportal plays the files as fast as starting with the MPC Player! :)

Do you have multiple video files in the same folder? Haali has some setting that makes the filter to go trhu all the files (sorry, cannot remember / check it right now).

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Can anybody explain step-by-step what to do to make Gabest splitter (MpegSplitter.ax) show PGS-subs?
    I did the following:
    - registered the freshest MpegSplitter.ax
    - added a Registry key "HKCR\Media Type\Extensions\.m2ts" with parameter Source filter = {1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}
    - copied a new mpcSubs.dll into "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"

But it did not help me to see PGS subs in m2ts file (containing in some BDMV/STREAM folder).
    Now I can see the same bug as I saw earlier with a previous mpcSubs.dll:
    So, now Portal uses this splitter to open m2ts-files (it can be seen by GraphEdit), and subs are also shown.
    But, they can be shown only once:
    - I open some m2ts-file with 2 embedded PGS-subs (English & Spanish)
    - the 1st subs are shown (with message "English (1/2)")
    - I switch to the next subs - then the 2nd subs are shown (with message "Spanish (2/2)")
    - I again switch subs - then subs are OFF (with message "Subtitles off")
    - So, seems so far everything OK
    - I again switch subs - it is written on screen "English (1/2)" but no subs
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/pgs-subs-m2ts-files-79134/

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please keep the thread clean. Only technical discussion related to the patch is allowed in this part of forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom