[Approved] MPC Subtitle position adjustment (1 Viewer)

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This patch will enable subtitles to be adjusted to picture more accurately than now possible with one pixel resolution. Enjoy.

pixies

May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks. This seems like a very useful feature.
    Is it going to be integrated in one of the next MP releases?

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You can already adjust subtitle position with MPC subtitle engine (but with less resolution, I guess). Just assign some keys to add/subtract delay on your remote, and configure the step size in subtitle configuration under my videos. I prefer large step sizes (1-2 seconds, as that is good enough resolution for me, and requires fewer keypresses to make larger adjustments.

pixies

May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks, I didn't know about that. I'll give it a try.

Seidlin, just to clarify - did you write about vertical positioning of the subtitles on the screen, or about adjusting subtitles delay?
    I was referring to vertical positioning on the screen.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Which is it that this patch does? :) Does it adjust vertical subtitle position on the screen, or subtitle delay? I am very interested in the former!

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The patch in this thread does what you want. What I talked about is the delay (which has nothing to do with this thread, sorry for not reading properly) :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it also possible to position the subtitles relative to video aspect ratio? I'd like different positions depending on 16:9 or 2.40:1. The built-in MPC-HC engine has support for it today but unfortunately distorts the aspect ratio of the font.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi -Manfred-

Ok, someone gave me the dll's. I made some testing. :)
    Playing 720p i had to adjust subtitles with 100 and one line was in the black area and one above. 100 is the limit for adjusting, wouldn't it be great to have both in the black area?
    Also with same setting fullscreen(videos filling the whole high) videos only show the first line and second one is under the picture - not to be seen.

So I think this patch should take viewmode or high of video picture except black bars in consideration.

I've attached two screenshots which should explaint what i'm explaning above.
    (the screenshot with friends actually have two lines)

Note: Intelligent Frame Correction was disabled otherwise Friends would have filled the whole screen, but no difference to subtitle.

(tourettes: I cannot compile MediaPortal myself as this requires professional edition of visual due to multiple something.... Hard to give feedback.... if that's "technical talk")

Users who are viewing this thread