MPEI fails "Error": file already exits" on Win 7 (MP1.1.3) (1 Viewer)

mp_lover

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2009
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
    MediaPortal Skin: BLUE
    Windows Version: Win7
    CPU Type: Atom
    HDD: 250
    Memory: 4G
    Motherboard:
    Video Card: NVIDIA
    Video Card Driver: NVIDIA
    Sound Card: SIIG
    Sound Card AC3: SIIG
    Sound Card Driver: SIIG
    1. TV Card: -NA-
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: NETTOP
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

I have been using MP 1.1.0 for almost 2 years now. Yesterday, when i tried to do something, got a message saying Please update MP version. So i went to the MP website and updated 1.1.0 to 1.1.3. Infact i removed the old one completely and reinstalled the new one. Now i am hitting a problem with MPEI.

When i started MPEI, it asked for an update of plugin list. I clicked ok, and then after 15 sec, i get a error message "Error: File exists". I pressed ok, then i got another Error message, updates not found or something (Sorry i forgot).

I then downloaded the MAYA skin and Online videos MPE1 formats. When i tried install then, i got message "Error: Wrong Format". I reinstalled MP 2 times (From scratch) but no luck.

Can someone help me what is that i am missing here? :confused:
    I remember seeing MPEI1 installer type utility but couldn't find anymore.

Any help would be appreciated as i want to get my MP back to what it was with 1.1.0.:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mp_lover

I have had that "Error: Wrong Format" error when some MPEI files in the temp folder get corrupted. This is a known issue (and fixed in 1.2.0 RC1). It also causes the issue with "Error: File exists" in Online Update in MPEI.

My internet is often not reliable so I ran into this a few times. The solution for me was to delete the files from %temp% folder, which in Win7 is Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp.

Let me know if that helps?

P.S. I also moved your thread to the MPEI support forum so others might see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So maybe I've just overseen the bug in Jira. But the bug isn't a big problem as it only happens very seldom and you can still use MediaPortal, so I think i can live with it ;)
    So maybe I've just overseen the bug in Jira. But the bug isn't a big problem as it only happens very seldom and you can still use...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:): TVC 6.4.8 Download (pctvsystems.com) My English translation: I didn't test it because I already switched to another TV card (so I found this piece of information to late) but maybe this can help others...
    I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:)...
    Hello Yesterday, I updated my computer running MediaPortal Client and TVServer (and also occasionally providing another laptop...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Replies
    Views
    It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
    It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.28 Summer Breeze Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5053] - TV framerate is not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom