MPEI Installer Issues (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Dukus,
i have two issues with the new installer on my TvWishList plugin

1) The Release date is not been stored in the xmp2 file and must be manually edited. I believe this is a bug in the extension installer

2) If you look at the current published list when opening the MediaPortal Extension installer, my TvWishList plugin offers a version 0.0.0.4 for installation when you click on install.
I do not know why the version 0.0.0.4 is showing up here. I had Version 0.0.0.4 uploaded before, but then completely substituted it by 0.0.0.5. This means i have uploaded a new .xml file and the new .mpe1 file at
Downloads - huha-mediaportal-plugins - Project Hosting on Google Code

Neither my .xml file nor my .xmp2 file contain anything about 0.0.0.4.

I have attached you the xmp2 file. (update deleted it as problem has been fixed)

Your help would be very much appreciated.
Greetings, huha

Update: I got a complete mess after i submitted my second plugin. I tried to update the published url, but the installer only tells me URL already submitted. How can i delete a published URL?

Update: Dukus, i believe i accidently released the same ID for two different plugins. I will try to fix it over the next days.

Update: I could fix it. One problem was that google code does not allow to download again a deleted file with the same name. Instead of the new file i had the old deleted file again on the server. After i downloaded the files with new names everything worked fine.
The second problem was that I derived my second plugin from the first one without changing the ID and this naturally screwed it up.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dukus,
yes it is solved. The main issue was that google codes did not give me an error message when i downloaded a new file with the same name into the download section. it just kept the old deleted file alive.

The item 1) with the release date not saved in the .xmp2 file does still exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom