MPGrooveshark Plugin (Stream Music) - Version v0.5.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have now "closed" this thread as I'm not supporting this plugin anymore. The reasons for me to stop this plugin is;
    1. Groveshark has changed their tinysong license agreement and it is really a mess.
    2. The Rockstar plugin exist and have support for both Grooveshark and Spotify.

Introduction
    This is a plugin for the grooveshark.com site (uses the tinysong API, tinysong.com). I will provide more information and screenshots in the next following days. Skin files for Blue3wide and X-Factor is included in the installer.

Guides

Requirements
    • MediaPortal 1.1
    • Adobe Flash Plugin (Latest version)

Installation
    Click on the installation file and follow the wizard..

Download
    MPGrooveshark .

Report Issues
    Please use this issue list to report any issues related to this plugin (link).

Project Page

Credits
    • To the people team behind the onlinevideos plugin. From this plugin I have learned a lot about making the player that now is able to play the grooveshark songs. Thanks for letting me use part of your code.
    • To the people behind the MediaPortal? software.
    • To the Grooveshark and Tinysong sites.

Best Regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: MPGrooveshark Plugin - Alpha v0.2.0

Hi 1stdead,

Thank you for your feedback but this is the first release of this plugin so none of the reposted issues from the old thread applies. If you find any issues in this version please post at the google code site linked in the first post of this thread.

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

HI cul8er ! first thank you ,for this great plugin ...

please see screen of B3W when i search artist and the rasolt come ,it's not in the corect pleace ....out of the search backgrownd..

from a fast look and play a song or 2 ,evrting seams o.k ...:)

i will test more at night ....

Edit : please egnor my last report ,it seams that the skin file's did not overright the old one i have from the test version ,after delet
    all file's and instal again all seams o.k ...:)

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

ive just had a go with this plugin for the first time, i can search fine, and a list of results comes up. but when i actually select them, they apparently start to play, but i get no sound. any idea whats wrong? i've attached two different logs, using 2 different skins, both with the same result.

thanks in advance, im loving the look of this plugin, hope i can just get my sound to work :D hah

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

ive just had a go with this plugin for the first time, i can search fine, and a list of results comes up. but when i actually select them, they apparently start to play, but i get no sound. any idea whats wrong? i've attached two different logs, using 2 different skins, both with the same result.

thanks in advance, im loving the look of this plugin, hope i can just get my sound to work :D hah

Restart you pc ,and try agin ....:)
    i got the same thing first time use this plugin to ..

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country

i've just tried restarting but it appears to be no different, can still search for tracks, click on them, they say theyre playing, but nothing happens.. no sound. if the clock starts counting in the bottom, i assume that means its finished buffering and should be playing something?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi adam_purkis,

Is it the skin files that comes with the installer that you use or modified ones? If modified, please attach so that I can investigate.

best regards
    cul8er

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country

well at first i tried by just changing the blue3wide skin files slightly to use with my current StreamedMP setup.. but then i thought, right that's just causing unecessary problems, so i just changed my skin to blue3wide, and used the skin files provided, and the same problem still happened. i could search for and select songs, but for some reason even though they said there were playing, i got no sound.

the thing was, and i imagine this is intended, at first, when you are browisng through the list of results, you still here the 'click' between each result when you scroll down. but after i selected one to play, i stopped hearing the 'click' as i search through the results, but i assume this is because a song should be playing and it would be annoying to still hear the clicking. so i don't know if thats relevant or not.

but yeah it just seems like it seems to think a song is playing, and the track time is counting and stuff, but i get no sound. anyway i don't have access to the pc again right now, i can try and give you anymore information tomorrow.. but for now, considering i also tried it with the default skin and files i think the problem might be something else? would codecs or anything affect it?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

strange ,i try it with B3W skin and xfactor skin work fine her...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom