MPstandbyHandler (1 Viewer)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This application is not really a plugin but a utility to solve some of the Windows standby/hibernate problems with Mediaportal and/or TVService. It is based on lkuech's PowerEventHandler. The difference is that it is customized to work for MP and TVS special purposes.

What is does:
    • can stop MP and/or TVS on standby/hibernate
    • can start/restart MP and/or TVS on resume from standby/hibernate

All the stop and start conditions can be customized by the user from the config dialog as well as different timeouts. It is also possible to wait for a network connection (for example Wlan) before starting TVS.

I hope it is helpfull.
    Plz report bugs.

"MPstandbyHandler 1"

Install Guide:
    - Just put the exe-file anywhere you like and start it.

ChangeLog:

- Fixed bug that application wont run on Vista
    - Added feature to start a custom command like .bat .cmd .vbs etc. at beginning of the resume process
    - Added feature that the pc will be rebooted if MP can't be killed during resume
    - MP stop function splitted into two parts: first try to stop MP the normal way, if that doesn't work kill MP
    - Fix a bug with new feature from 1.0.09
    - Did some refactoring

================================================================================

"MPstandbyHandler 2"

Install Guide:
    - Copy the files (the complete contents of the zip file) into ONE directory.
    - Install MPstandbyHandlerService via the "install.cmd" script. The script HAS TO BE RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR !!!!!
    - Reboot the Maschine or start the service via windows service controll window
    - Start MPstandbyHandlerGui.exe and configure for your needs
    - Start MPstandbyHandlerUser.exe if you do want it to run right now. Otherwise check the "Autostart Userspace Executable" checkbox in MPstandbyHandlerGui and restart the system (You don't need this exe if you don't plan to stop/start MP)
    - You can test the resume and suspend functions from the "Gui Log" Tab.

Sourcecode via SVN on Sourceforge:
    https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/MPstandbyHandler2

ChangeLog:

Beta01:
    - First Beta only Gui working
    Beta02:
    - Second Beta, should have nearly full functionality, service is running
    Beta03:
    - fixed some bugs
    Beta04:
    - fixed install scripts
    Beta05:
    - changed the location of the settings and job files
    - changed settings handling
    - all needed extra files or directories will be automatically created
    - some bugfixes
    Beta06:
    - added a userspace extra executable which runs in systemtray and does things like stop or start MP
    - application will take care now if MP was running during standby or not, to decide if MP should be started on resume
    Beta07:
    - switched to VS Express 2008
    - little bugfix on TVS start job
    Beta08:
    - some bugfixes
    Beta09:
    - Added extra property to the MP and TVS stop jobs -> Kill immediately - i found out that there is no way to query extra time or temporarily stop susend on windows vista -> means not much time left before a suspend on vista -> killing for example speeds things up !!! MP and TVS stop job xml files have to be delete by hand !!!
    Beta10:
    - Added extra property for MP start to set MP to foregound and focus the MP window
    - Added experimental Splashscreen (MPstandbyHandlerUser.exe needs to be running)
    - some bugfixes
    - First Release
    - Added "AlwaysStart" property to MP start job - thx to PJ
    - Modified some internal remote communication between Service and User app
    - Fix a bug in logging system
    - Added job sections for system startup and shutdown (see info above)
    - Added a rotating log file system which will copy old log file to .log.1, .log.2 ... until .log.5
    - Added an error log file which will only contain messages with the log level "warning" or "error"
    - Did some cosmetic improvements
    - Removed system startup and shutdown feature again, because especially startup never worked as it should.
    This feature are better located in other applications (I still left the old version 2.0.0.4 in the attachment)
    - MPstandbyHandlerUser rewritten, just to have a nicer code
    - Updated MPstandbyHandlerUser/MPstandbyHandlerService network communication
    - Fixed MP start job "AlwaysStart" function
    - Fixed Flags reader, if no Flags file was found
    - Reduced number of rotation log files
    - Add setting LogLevel
    - Reduced logging during job load
    - Added "Check Suspend State during Resume" checkbox in config common tab.
    Disable this checkbox if you have trouble with resume and get the message "OnResume called but not suspended"
    - Added visteon resume fix
    - Changed the external command to have separate command for every job. Now you can specify the command with in the jobs config page.

Attachments

• MPstandbyHandler1.0.0.10.zip
      30.7 KB
    • MPstandbyHandler2.0.0.9.zip
      30.7 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    josch.hh

Thanks for this, as for myself standby has become a nightmare since going from RC2 (working) to svn 20010 (totally screwed) where only 2\3rd of my channels work after resume, and unable to record, but can watch live\recorded TV, but cannot delete any shows.

This seems to fix things for the last 48 hrs, had 1 failure, where TVServer refused to start, mssql problem show in logs, but again cannot reproduce consistantly.

Will try your new version.

Regards

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Paranoid Delusion

plz check out the "waiting for network connection feature" maybe this will help you.
    If you can find out some details of your problem, then maybe i can try to code something that checks the connection to mysql before tvservice will be started.

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Great Tool i will try it, but does the function "reinitialize service on wakeup (also reinitialize tvtuner)" not the same in the power scheduler plugin?

Is it possible to kill the tvservice exe after wakeup?

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great Tool i will try it, but does the function "reinitialize service on wakeup (also reinitialize tvtuner)" not the same in the power scheduler plugin?

Is it possible to kill the tvservice exe after wakeup?

No, it has nothing to do with the reinit function from power scheduler. The service is not reinitialzed - it is restarted!

You can restart the tvservice on resume, means the process/service will be stopped/killed and restarted.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    josch.hh

Hi, the new version 1.0.0.5 crashes immediately on launch, this is running on Vista32, is there anything i can do to assist.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right, sorry for that. I tested it only on XP. I will be away for 3 days, so that i can fix it round about sunday.
    Plz be patient, it will also work on Vista.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Sorry but how does it work? What his purpose? It is coupled with PowerScheduler plugin?
    I ran it but nothing is going on.

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry but how does it work? What his purpose? It is coupled with PowerScheduler plugin?
    I ran it but nothing is going on.

See at the taskbar on the right.
    There is an new yellow symbol.
    Right clik and you see the options.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a hint.
    If you use this tool, in my setup disabling the following MP options gives best results:

1.) MP -> Restart MP after resume
    2.) TVServer/PowerScheduler -> Reinitialize service on wakeup.

grubi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom