MPTagThat - The Mediaportal Tag Editor (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is the Forum for MPTagThat the Mediaportal Tag Editor.

The lastest Version of the Tag Editor can always be found here.

We were doing internal testing since 1 month now, but i'm sure, you may find some bugs.

Use this Forum for reporting Bugs or give me suggestions.

have fun,

Helmut

Last edited:

fhuerta

January 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I just installed and had an overall view... I'm totally impressed! incredible work!

Many, many, many thanks!
    fhuerta

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't use the Sticky entry for reporting Bugs. Please open a new thread for every Bug, otherwise we have a monster thhread, which will not be manageable

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

First of all, very nice work and thanks a lot for this free tool! A question though (no I haven't tried this tool yet), will this allow for the music part of MediaPortal to show Tag names instead of File names while just browsing? To view the Tag name (pretty name) you have to have your songs playing. I have all my files named like this:

Code:
    01.Song Name - Artist.extension

so that the songs in an album is sorted correctly. But what I really want is to instead see the Tag in the music section like this:

Code:
    Song Name - Artist

But I guess that would require this plugin to act as a plugin browser/player, and AFAIK it doesn't, right?

:D
    Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Will this allow for the music part of MediaPortal to show Tag names instead of File names while just browsing? To view the Tag name (pretty name) you have to have your songs playing. I have all my files named like this:

1) Update all tags with the new tool
    2) Use music in database mode

K^2

November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Sounds great, just what I've been looking for! Thanks for all the effort!

I presume if I do a conversion from one lossless format to another it should still keep everything bit-exact? I'm thinking of changing all my .ape files to .flac.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi hwahrmann,

I have always been very impressed and glad for the hard work you have put into especially the tagreader. I know how hard it is to make a proper tag editor which supports all types with the ever changing formats. There are so many holes and tiny little things that needs to be tweaked just the right way to function 100%. But you have done it with the tag editor and now also with this supreme application. Just what I have been looking for for ages. Also a big thank you to rtv and the rest of the contributers. I'm glad that you included the lyrics stuff so smoothly.

best regards
    Soren

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now it only lacks one feature - detect/remove all "bad" files (Not only ronilse's Hip-Hop ;) but also those 15 year old mp3s with bad dynamics, etc). Unfortunately I have no idea how this can be done without massive cpu load to analyse each track in deep.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Now it only lacks one feature - detect/remove all "bad" files (Not only ronilse's Hip-Hop ;) but also those 15 year old mp3s with bad dynamics, etc). Unfortunately I have no idea how this can be done without massive cpu load to analyse each track in deep.

So, basicly by detecting bad dynamics it would delete all the today's new releases as those are mastered / compressed beyond anything that should be called music (especially Metallica's new LP is mastered for the new level :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom