MPTV Exception Raised (1 Viewer)

MartH

September 29, 2009
Hi All,

I am new to the MPTV Client although I have been running MP for over 12months now with no issues.

having followed the idiots guide thread i have managed to install MPTVC and connected everything up with all tests pass.. so far so good.. in the status panel i can see all the cards with my DVBT card saying grabbing EPG... In the upper pane all i get is a grey screen for all tabs - no content or detail.

If i check the 'load all channels group' check box before connecting and then connect, or i refresh the view once connected i get a exception raised error below.

Looking at the error and the backend dBase tables there appears to a complete mismatch between the client - can anyone help with this problem.

Media Player 1.0.2
MPTV Client 1.3.3

Thanks

MartH:D

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    45.9 KB

Crew

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Same error here. Does anyone have a fix?

(using mysql)

Ok download 1.32 if you have this problem. Seems the table names changed with the latest RC

Stomper85

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
MPTV-Client Version: 1.3.3
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Database: Microsoft SQL Express (connection succeded)

I have the same problem, the initial tests are all passed (Picture 1)
After that the Exeption occurs (Picture 2)

Whats the Problem?

Regards
Stomper

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    81.7 KB
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    114.6 KB

Stomper85

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey I got it working guys.

The Problem is - as the message says - that the colums "episodePart" and "episodeName" are not existing in the Table "Program".

So all you have to do is installing MS SQL Server Management Studio on any PC with network connection to the SQLEXPRESS Server and add the two mentioned colums to the Table.

Save it and thats it.

After that the Software is starting as normal and all is working. :)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well it works with MpTvClient

BUT you have to also adjust the version in the db otherwise if you update to MP Beta it will try to add these cols based of the version field and therefore will fail because they already exist.
    So you won't be able to start SetupTv ;)

Stomper85

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah ok, good to know.

But I used varchar[200] as datatype, is this correct?
    Maybe the Software expects other datatypes?!

:D
    Stomper

MartH

September 29, 2009
    Hi Stomper,

I have been a away for a week or two but the fix that you have detailed has worked!!!

I also applied the same logic to the recordings and schedules as well where these failed to work.

One additional point on this I decided to ditch the MS SQL and install MySQL which has cured a number of 'other' nagging problems - and of course it is easier to manage!

:D

afarud

December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey I got it working guys.

The Problem is - as the message says - that the colums "episodePart" and "episodeName" are not existing in the Table "Program".

So all you have to do is installing MS SQL Server Management Studio on any PC with network connection to the SQLEXPRESS Server and add the two mentioned colums to the Table.

Save it and thats it.

After that the Software is starting as normal and all is working. :)

Hi,

sorry for that question, but I have still this problem.
    I installed MS SQL Server Management Studio, and I don´t know how, but I get connected to the TV Server and I was able to look inti the database.

But where and what I have to do now?? add some colums etc. I have no plan.

Thanks

afarud

Stomper85

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have no plan
    :p great..... german - english word by word....

Ok back to the topic.

You have to open the Table "Program". It should be seen in the list on the left side i think. Maby you have to pick the right icon for Tables - I am on vacation and cannot open the program here.... I think you can choose between user rights, views and tables and so on. Maby someone other can describe it better....

After opening the correct Table you can see all the colums in another list on the right side.
    Ther should be a blank field at the end of the list - here you simply type in the "new" colums you want to create and choose from witch type they should be (read above).

Klick the "save" button and you are ready to go.

Best regards

Stomper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom