[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, as usual the problem sits between seat back and keyboard. Changing the player to VLC in MPTVScheduler solved the problem

Man Pang

Portal Pro
May 25, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
dd
Thought I'd provide some feedback that is probably/possibly phone specific.

Running MPTVScheduler on a Nexus 6P. If the phone is in vibrate mode (one setting above "Alarms only") the phone will vibrate throughout when playing music. This behaviour stops when the phone is placed in "Alarm only" or "Ring" modes. This is all performed via the volume button, although the same happens via the pull down menu too.

Additionally the top bar icon for the music player is a white block only, although this may be by design.

Really love the app and a very happy customer so far, thanks...

Absolutely! Developers, please set the NotificationChannel of the Android NotificationService call to IMPORTANCE_LOW. It is very annoying that the phone constantly vibrates while music is playing!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If I'm not wrong, there is no update available and source about the android plugins after our friend regeszter past away :(
    So maybe you can set notification manually on your own ?

Man Pang

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If I'm not wrong, there is no update available and source about the android plugins after our friend regeszter past away :(
    So maybe you can set notification manually on your own ?

I wasn't aware of this and my post was in no way intended to be disrespectful towards regezter. Since there is no more development and since the code is closed source, I will leave it. I cannot set apply this setting - it's an API call and not a simple setting within the Android user interface!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom