MPW - Web remote not working ( ECP2Plugin not loaded?) (1 Viewer)

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Im trying to use MPW with an install of RC4 / SVN from today.

I think the problem is that the External Control Plugin II plugin is not loaded, or not loaded correctly. It *is* present in the process plugin directory ( C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\ECP2Plugin.dll ) but its not show in the Plugin list in the Mediaportal configuration program.

If i go to http://10.0.0.2:81/MPExtControlWS/service.asmx

I can succesfully execute the GetCurrentWindowName command for example and get a correct response, i can also see the EPG and (succesfully) schedule recordings without issue, but the Web Remote doesnt work, which is a real shame.

If it try the GetMPECP2AssemblyVersion command i get the following exception:

Code:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The method 'get_GetMPECP2Version' was not found on the interface/type 'clr:ECP2Assembly.MPHandler, ECP2Assembly'.
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.MethodCall.SetObjectFromSoapData(SerializationInfo info)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.MethodCall.SetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.MethodCall.RootSetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext ctx)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.SerializationMonkey..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext ctx)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace: 
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.SerializationInvoke(Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, ISerParser serParser)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeSoapRequestMessage(Stream inputStream, Header[] h, Boolean bStrictBinding, TypeFilterLevel securityLevel)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at ECP2Assembly.MPHandler.get_GetMPECP2Version()
       at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.GetMPECP2AssemblyVersion()

PS: By checking the dll file directly in windows explorer i get the following version 1.0.1890.35825

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    samuel337 said:
    Delete your ECP2Assembly.dll file in MP, uninstall MPW, then reinstall MPW.

The web remote still doesnt work. After doing as you said
    http://10.0.0.2:81/MPExtControlWS/service.asmx/GetWSECP2AssemblyVersion works (returns 1.1.2.40040 ), but the web remote just displays a black vertical bar, like "|" instead of a screenshot.

It looks like this:

Clicking "show gui"/refresh etc have no effect.

If i click "Show Topbar", i can stop music playing in mp, but it cannot display the name of whats playing or start anything.

The Apache web service is set to log on as a local system accoun and "Allow service to interact with desktop" is enabled.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    The 'black bar' you see is actually a placeholder for the GUI screenshot. The GUI screenshot is provided by a seperate web service, which I think is called scrnshot.asmx. Try navigating to http://<MP computer name>:81/MPExtControlWS/scrnshot.asmx and using the GetScreenshot link there. Let me konw if that works or not.

I'd love to help you further, but I actually deleted the source code for that file by accident, so I have to get it back from the other MPW devs before I can't help you further. Don't worry - that feature will remain in the new versions of MPW :-p

Sam

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think the file is called snapshot.asmx.

Calling getimage returns an empty string tag. However the newsnapshot.asmx dumps some binary data in the string tag.

I tried renaming newsnapshot.asmx -> snapshot.asmx and now i get the screenshot correctly.

However, the Top Bar still doesnt display correctly what is playing.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, that's it...like I said, I've lost the files.

Can you try going into the actual web service (service.asmx) and clicking on the GetCurrentlyPlayingItemDetails link and pressing the Invoke button?

Retry with different things playing and let me know what happens.

Sam

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am confused... I have both newsnapshot and snapshot in the folder...

still... no image

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Open snapshot.asmx and change in line 73 "Media Portal" to "MediaPortal".

Sam, I corrected this now in our repository, seems I checked in there the wrong files. Sorry.

Maschine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom