MS Arc Keyboard and Mouse (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
I've been looking a while for a keyboard and mouse to replace my current Logitech EX100 set which btw suck. So i came across the MS Arc keyboard which is new to me. It seems nice, only drawback is the arrowkeys. Think i can live with that...

Microsoft-Arc-Keyboard.jpg

Also the MS Arc mouse seems like a nice and fancy thingy, maybe not as good due to the fancy look, but this is after all livingroom equipment, so i think i can live with that compromize:

microsoft-arc-mouse-zja-00006-p_481634vb.png

Now, does anybody know if i can use both these with the same usb dongle, or would i have to use both of them? I've also been looking at the MS BT Mobile 6000 keyboard, but it's bluetooth which is a drawback for me..

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First Look: Microsoft Arc keyboard is stylish, user-friendly | DVICE

Main bit to read

Too bad the diminutive yet powerful USB dongle doesn't also accommodate our Arc Mouse — you'll still have to plug in its dongle, too. Despite its puny size, the dongle has surprisingly long range, working well beyond the 30-foot spec claimed by Microsoft. It even transmitted through a couple of walls. This would be an appropriate keyboard for a home theater PC.

Looks like they are using the intellipoint\intellikeyboard software :(

Are M$ even making hardware now to support ehome transceiver.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok, but if the range is that good it might be working acceptable even if i plug it in the rear of the HTPC... Don't see any other minimalistic, yet elegant option for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom