msn webcam and survaliance camera view..and a smal design re (1 Viewer)

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hello.
I would like msn webcam feature in mediaportal. Would that be possible?

Also it would be nice to somehow import survaliance cameras in mediaportal. Pherhaps a program that could notice movements and send pictures to an ftp folder/mail or something.

An alarm system is pherhaps difficult to make, but at least recive videos.

The source could be just video inn or streams and in time survaliance cards that have several inputs for video.

One more thing,, the design is good, but i dont like the windows style browsing thru files. The folders looks like ... windows folders, and tha "back" button reminds me of.. windows way of going back.
It would be better with a bit more webpage thinking.

Reading this it looks like I am only complaining/demanding but... I blame my bad english :)

MP is a great program!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: msn webcam and survaliance camera view..and a smal desig

ųmund Nordal said:
    ...One more thing,, the design is good, but i dont like the windows style browsing thru files. The folders looks like ... windows folders, and tha "back" button reminds me of.. windows way of going back.
    It would be better with a bit more webpage thinking.

Can you show via screen capture of maybe another program that is performing the action you desire? Have you seen another HTPC frontend program that is performing the browsing through files in a manner that you like?

I think you will have to give more information if you want a feature change, especially one that is currently based on Windows architecture.

In fact I asked for a change on the way the browser plugin should look and a user that my suggestion wouldn't go over good because it was different that the way browsers (in general) currently look.

So, if you can provide examples or are good enough with graphic tools to make a non-active (static display) prototype of the user interface (UI) you want that will help out quite abit. It may not catch the eye of a developer now but maybe your idea can start a whole new evolution of the way the UI is developed.

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ųmund Nordal said:
    okey. Here is a moviapage i made.
    http://aasmund.mscon.net/hjemmeside/mediaportal.jpg

Not very good but maby you understand the consept.
    Now I dont have do go back to select action, comedy and so on.

From viewing your moviepage, I think I understand a little more. If I am incorrect in my understanding please help to clarify.

From what I see, you want to give specific queries of the genre (through these buttons on the left) and (I am guessing) to have these genre buttons on each page that is displayed. Correct?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom