[Music] Multi-player for all music (1 Viewer)

piccirilli

Portal Member
September 24, 2009
Started on: 2011-05-14
last update: 2011-05-14

Summary: A player that will support multiple formats of music including videos

Area: Combined Music and Video

Description: This is a long shot wish, but if it can be done it will be a first among all media handlers.
I have an extensive list of CD's and Music Videos ripped in multiple formats on multiple libraries. I could really see the attraction of a multi-format player having the features of displaying music via genre, artist, or titles, and creating subsequent playlists. So instead of selecting a number of plugins to access and play my complete music collection, this ultimate plugin would recognize multiple libraries, organize and create playlists for both audio only and video music files. I really do not see this being more than a file organization program. External players like MPC-HC already have the capacity of playing just about every audio and video format available. So having to create a built in player is not an issue. In fact, MPC-HC offers more codecs features (madvr) compared to the current version of the builtin player in MP. So why reinvent the wheel in players? IMHO MP is best for GUI, organizing, and efficiently accessing data libraries. This feature would just make it that much better than the rest! Thanks much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom