Multi Seat Client fails to wake/Resume & connect to TVServer (1 Viewer)

pinny121

Portal Member
June 7, 2005
TV-Server Version: 1.0.1 Stable release
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1 Stable release
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: TVServer XP sp3, Client Vista uptodate patches
CPU Type: AMD both machines
HDD: samsung
Memory: 2gig on both
Motherboard: Asus both
Video Card: Nvidia both
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Nova-t 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: default
MPEG2 Audio Codec: default
h.264 Video Codec: fdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

HI I have setup a multi seat system and have configured the TVServer to sleep when not in use and wake to record watch tv etc.

Firstly i am so impresed with 1.0.1 and following threads on the forum i have the TVServer waking to record and going back to sleep.
I am using the MPstandbyHandler2.0.0.7 to control the resume and reinit ov TV card and it works really well.

My issue is with the Client and i think it is a Bug in the Heart beat which could be sorted.
when the TVServer is in S3 sleep mode and i launch the MP Client on another machine on the network the TV Server wakes up ok.
the Client launches but when i enter MY TV there is no information displayed from the server.
usually there is program info displayed even berfor the tv is turned on. when i enter the guide no info displayed.

in the log mediaportal you can see that the client has failed to connect due to the fact the server is i the process of resuming.
[TvClient-Radio: HeartBeat transmitter thread]: TVHome: Error in Reload - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time.

if i close and reopen the client all is fine. But could the client be developed to inform the user of the connection error and attempt to establish the connection
again. Streaming recorded TV works fine in this state, but the only way to get the TV to connect to the server is to restart the client.

As the Error in the connection is detected surely this area could be made more robust by informing the user and giving a reconnect oportunity or retrying to connect i the background.

i have moved from MCE to MP i have always loved the functionality but it is now robust enough to use and has the fantastic TVServer.

I am going to look at the code myself and will post any sudgestions.

Rob :)

pinny121

Portal Member
June 7, 2005
Logs

See Attached logs for mediaportal client for error message:

2009-04-24 11:46:26.717000
[TvClient-Radio: HeartBeat transmitter thread]: TVHome: Error in Reload - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom