Multiple audio possible ? (1 Viewer)

CooledSpirit

August 30, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

for a "multiroom audio" solution, I need to have (minimum) two sources playing audio. I have 3 separate sound cards, and the intention is of course to have at least two sound cards playing audio independantly of one another.

I would like each source (sound card output) to be controlled via Mediaportal (and hence also via web server, android), allowing the user to do something like select one of the outputs/sound cards and then proceeding to what the user would like to hear (mp3 list, internet radio, ...).

I don't know whether this means one needs two mediaportal instances running in parallel (or something simillar) or just a special configuration, or having separate media player instances running , etc etc ?

Is this possible ? And if yes, anybody know how or can point me into the right direction ?

PS: EventGhost needs to be involved too, as the stereo receiver is RS232 controlled.

Kind regards,

Cooled.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP1 is not built for multi room audio / video. Maybe MP2 could do it in the future, but it is not too high on the list of features atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom